Season Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Predictions

After watching both exhibitions what do you think out final record will be?

I'll take 18 and 12 going into the conference tourny.

Upper half conference finish and NIT would be a nice season.

Anything above that is gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
      Upper half conference finish and NIT would be a nice season.

Anything above that is gravy.
      I think it's safe to say that most Shox fans would agree with that.

Comment

Too early to tell. This team has potential. My prediction is they will get better and better as the season progresses. :posterwsu:

I cant wait till Valley play.

Comment

I originally thought 19-11 falling just one shy of 20, still not bad for a first season.

I like Ellis, he has a lot of upside, and I think he will develop into a real good player. Those long arms of his ... LOL, really frustrated his guy last night, and Aaron is pretty fast for 6'9". We haven't had a 6'9" guy for a long time.

Gris hits those boards pretty good. He is going to turn loose with some baskets pretty quick.

I know Phil is a senior, but he might find himself coming off the bench if he doesn't start putting those 'bunnies' in, and if J.T. continues to get better.

Comment

With the talent we have plus the coaching of Marshall, I'm not sure why we couldn't compete for a Valley Championship, if the league is as down as all the national writers and never-been-wrong prognosticators would have us believe.

Guess I'm saying I think SIU is beatable.

Comment

I'm going for a 20 win season.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I say we win the whole damned thing (MVC Championship). We certainly have the talent and we are taller (or will be taller than we were when we won it last). It's all up to Coach Marshall and how quickly he can get all the cogs to fit in place. I have never made a prediction like this but I am very impressed with the personnel on the floor. AND WE ARE NOT SOFT!

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                  I originally thought 19-11 falling just one shy of 20, still not bad for a first season.

I like Ellis, he has a lot of upside, and I think he will develop into a real good player. Those long arms of his ... LOL, really frustrated his guy last night, and Aaron is pretty fast for 6'9". We haven't had a 6'9" guy for a long time.

Gris hits those boards pretty good. He is going to turn loose with some baskets pretty quick.

I know Phil is a senior, but he might find himself coming off the bench if he doesn't start putting those 'bunnies' in, and if J.T. continues to get better.
                  While the missed 1' jump shot record under Coach Turgeon was not broken last night, I am afraid the record was threatened a little too close for my taste.

Comment

I'm afraid that I am beginning to see things through KCShox's eyes more clearly.

Consistency is a big thing folks. Remember how special 2 years ago was, how many things went our way and how few did not.

These guys, at this point, cannot be expected to maintain the consistency needed to compete at the very top of an admittedly down but still very tough conference.

Now I'll agree that I think we will get better as the year progresses, but the going might be a bit more difficult than some imagine.

Am I the only one here concerned about the point guard position???

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                      Am I the only one here concerned about the point guard position???
                      I am concerned about depth at point. Matt is doing fine (7 to 2 assist to TO ratio last night), but Gal still turns the ball over too much for me to trust him at the point. We need either Gal or Wendell to figure out how to run the offense without turnovers.

Quite frankly, based on what I've seen on the court, I'd trust Bret Michael to be the backup point guard as much as anyone.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                        Quite frankly, based on what I've seen on the court, I'd trust Bret Michael to be the backup point guard as much as anyone.
                        I agree 100%, he's like a Matt clone.

He looked really good at Shocker Madness, and he's looked comfortable during the games.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

From what I've seen so far: 16-14.

Emphasis on the words "so far".

It's a little disconcerting to see our offense only throw up 56 against Pitt State. I do realize CGM was experimenting with a lot of different line-ups and substitutions seeing how it was an exhibition. The lazy and long passes need to cease. I wish we went inside a little more also.

I said I'd be disappointed if we didn't win by at least 15, so ya I guess I am.

We need to come out and absolutely thud Pine Bluff and gain some confidence.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Depth at point is a problem right now. Matt does an excellent job but Gal and Wendell don't get us into our sets as well and they have too many turnovers. Marshall even said that he hasn't been that happy with Gal's play at point after last nights game. I get the feeling that until he corrects some of the things that Marshall doesn't like about his game we may not see him at point that much. Bret Michael may get a chance for some minutes early.

Comment

I believe the team will win approximately 20-17 games this year. I will be very dissapointed and surprised to have a losing season.

Other thoughts...

1) It is imperitive that Matt stays well conditioned and injury free. Otherwise we may have to endure more games against Drake and other teams with 20+ turnovers. Maybe Mr. Preadom will surpise me...

2) The new defensive schemes implemented so far have been fun to watch. Full to 3/4 court presses are not always intended to produce turnovers but with Matt and PJ there is always the possibility. Even without turnovers, they delay the opposition in setting up their scheme. Gal may be a step too slow to force steals on the press. I forcast many offensive/defensive substitutions late in close games.

3) I feel very confident in our ability to compete and win at the 3 and 4 positions. In addition, the rebounding spread that these positions will fall very favorably to our advantage. However, more offensive production would be nice.

4) The production at the five is the ever-changing variable. I would like consistent production now and added depth in december, not vice-versa.

5) The shox are in the transition year. This is not a rebuilding year (we have 2 very solid seniors and another good player). I would like to transition our team to near annual NCAA trips.

Smooth
                              Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Working...
                              X