Student Section Not filled up again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Section Not filled up again!

What's the deal with the student section not filling up? The big black hole up top looks bad. Should the University take 100-200 tickets away to sell as season tickets to the public? Any comments and opinions?

Don't jump the gun yet. Its only exhibition games we're talking about here, students will show up, don't worry.

Comment

Seriously, it's only exhibition

Comment

There were holes everywhere, the students will come when it counts.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I have no doubt that the students will be there when the regular season starts but I'm not sure that fact excuses the poor attendance now. We had a recruit (Stutz) at the first exhibition game that was making a decision about where to sign. Fortunately, he choose WSU but it would have been better if we had been able to pack the student section out.

Having said that, the students who have come have been great. A lot of enthusiasm and a lot of noise.
          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Free tickets should mean 100% attendance

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock
              I have no doubt that the students will be there when the regular season starts but I'm not sure that fact excuses the poor attendance now. We had a recruit (Stutz) at the first exhibition game that was making a decision about where to sign. Fortunately, he choose WSU but it would have been better if we had been able to pack the student section out.

Having said that, the students who have come have been great. A lot of enthusiasm and a lot of noise.
              cue violin, :cry:
              ________
              Homemade Vaporizer
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Originally posted by KBShocker
                Absolutely right.
                The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

It doesn't and never has.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

they should take unused free studnt tickets and send them to recent graduates/alunus. thats the fairest and best way to fill up the student section.

:D
                    ________
                    Motorcycle Tires
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                      It doesn't and never has.
                      I'm pretty sure the argument here is not about what has happened but about what should happen.

Comment

Hey. Don't blame it on the students. They are entitled to those tickets at first, but if they aren't all gone by 48 hours prior to the game, the ticket office opens them up to the community at large to buy at face value.

Also, everybody that's been squaking that the "corporate seats" are never filled up need to take notice of this. There are more than one way to get into a game at Koch if you don't have season tickets.

You may not be able to get tickets to the home games vs. SIU or CU, but there should be no reason that if you're a fan of the Shocks that you can't see a game.

Comment

There were plenty of unsold tickets on the online marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks
                            they should take unused free studnt tickets and send them to recent graduates/alunus. thats the fairest and best way to fill up the student section.

:D
                            1. Students (or parents) pay $25 per credit hour for fees, a fair amount of which goes to athletics. If a student took 30 credit hours of courses in a year, that's $750.
                            2. Unused students are sold to the general public.
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

But the last couple seasons there haven't been many student tix available 48 hours before hand. Judging by the looks of things there were quite a few. I wonder if there's a lack of publicizing this info to the public. Of course, we all know how it works and how to find tix. Most of the time.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X