No announcement yet.

Student Section Not filled up again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was there at 2 oclock, so idont blame on me, im a dedicated student!
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
      2. Unused students are sold to the general public.
      So what exactly does a student cost? And what can they be expected to do if you purchase them?

Comment

so idont blame on me
        Obviously not dedicated enough! :lol:

Sorry - just had to raz ya newshock because you still have Ogirri in your signature.

Comment

I seem to recall plenty of empty student seats at the exhibitions last year, too.

But what I noticed more than anything at the ArkTech game, were the empty seats scattered all over the arena. There were 6 empty seats directly in front of us (Sec 108, Row 30) and several more in the section.

The Wyoming game should be the biggest indicator. Name opponent on a Saturday night. Hopefully, not too many people will be out of town that weekend.

Comment

There's usually at least 5 empty seats in front of us because the people that own them don't show up for any of the exhibitions and don't even go to maybe a third of the regular season games.

It gives me something to rest my feet on though.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
              There's usually at least 5 empty seats in front of us because the people that own them don't show up for any of the exhibitions and don't even go to maybe a third of the regular season games.

It gives me something to rest my feet on though.
              Maybe you should ask them if you can distribute their unused tickets for them.

Comment

Originally posted by KBShocker
                Free tickets should mean 100% attendance
                I was a student in the late 90's, tickets were free and I don't recall the student section ever being full... We could show up 5 minutes after tip and sit/stand in the 3rd row.

I think even KU has trouble keeping the student seciton full for exibition / weak opponents / holiday weekends at their place. I remember seeing a Baylor @ KU game a year or 2 ago where the student section was less than 1/2 full.

I don't think there is going to be any problem filling the arena this year, once the regular season start.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                  So what exactly does a student cost?
                  A student gets a free ticket. They can buy a ticket for a guest. A "general admission (or guest) ticket" is $10 I believe. So far, I've spent tens of thousands of dollars on my kids' student careers at WSU but I'm not sure "what exactly does a student cost?"

And what can they be expected to do if you purchase them?

Stand up during the game and cheer. The entire game, of course. ;-) :lol: :yahoo:
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

So what exactly does a student cost? And what can they be expected to do if you purchase them?

OK, even after looking at this and replying, I didn't "get it." I "knew" what I wrote (i.e. "Unused student tickets are sold to the general public") and I never actually "read" (or "grok") what I wrote. Then I looked at my reply, read my original post and laughed.

Let's see: I can sell you a "BA & BS" senior and an undecided soph for a "reasonable" price (that you can't afford). As for what they will do, ... if you are a parent, you already know the answer. :D
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                    X