Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Originally posted by KC Shox
    I wish we could stop the other team's slasher. We get into foul trouble faster than anybody because our defense can't stop these guys.
    I wish our guys learned how to take a charge.
    Durley knows how and then he gets called for the blocking foul. The charge / block is blown so many times that it isn't a surprise players don't often want to take the charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
      I had a slasher once. Believe me they are not any fun
      Did you drink the water in Mexico or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
        Originally posted by ShockerFever
        Originally posted by KC Shox
        I wish we could stop the other team's slasher. We get into foul trouble faster than anybody because our defense can't stop these guys.
        I wish our guys learned how to take a charge.
        Durley knows how and then he gets called for the blocking foul. The charge / block is blown so many times that it isn't a surprise players don't often want to take the charge.
        Rosewood is correct. Taking a charge is not the problem. It's what is not happening on the perimeter that allows the drive in the first place. Something about playing defense with your feet and not your hands I think.
        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
          Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
          I had a slasher once. Believe me they are not any fun
          Did you drink the water in Mexico or something?
          Ill just say that you shouldnt go goth

Comment

I don't get a chance to listen to the post-games or to Coach Marshall's show very often. I would expect that a caller has asked one of the coaches about our perimeter defense and apparent inability to defend the drive. I am curious about how the coaches would respond to this question. In this thread, there are those with the opinion that it is the fault of the on ball defender, and those who think it is an off ball issue. Has this question been asked of the coaches and could anyone summarize their response? Thanks...I'll listen off the air...
            Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Blame goes both ways but our help defense hasn't been very good lately. It's a team game and the team is playing less than stellar D when it comes to defending the drive.

I've heard the question asked but don't remember the answer that was given.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Come to think of it, in years past we have been frustrated by our perimeter defense, i.e., teams would light us up from three point land...Our perimeter defense now seems much better but maybe the price of guarding close out on the perimeter is guys driving hard to the basket to offset the overplay...if you have poor help with the bigs slow to pick up the driver....they make you pay

Comment

Working...
                X