Toure Murry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vancedave56
    Sophomore - no way should he be expected to be player of the year - not even for the Shocks.
    and why not?

Adam EMEMEMEMEMEMEEMEMEMEEMNECKER won the POY when it was blatantly obvious it should have gone to Osirus Eldridge. Eldridge was just a sophmore that year.

I guess I just done understand the "he's an underclassmen so we dont expect anything from him" mentality.

On the lighter side of things.

Im kinda mad nobody has demanded that he redshirt. I mean everyone else has been nominated except Toure. :D

Comment

Some of you guys are missing the tongue-in-cheekness of the first post of this thread.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
        Some of you guys are missing the tongue-in-cheekness of the first post of this thread.
        I didn't, but chose to throw those thoughts in there instead of starting a new thread. They'd been on my mind.

Not sure why there's a need for sarcasm right now, though.

Comment

Murry, Hannah and Durley could possibly be the most talented trio on any Valley team. I don't think that it is unreasonable for us to expect them to play like it. Those 3 players should have that mentality and get pissed when they aren't dominating games. Hannah rarely has a bad game, Durley seldom has an awful game, but Murry is becoming a crap shoot, and he is the one that has the most upside out of these 3.

Murry has the most physical skills, but mentally, he isn't prepared to be a part of the leadership of this team, and until he does, the Shox aren't going to be as good as they can be.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

My point, Fever, is that Clevin is the only player on this team to which I would point at if we were not doing well because of his lack play. Obviously, that's not the case.

Why pick on TM? This year anyway, this team does not have that kind of player that carry it game after game. For us to be successful, the team needs to show up. We have the athletes and we have the depth. We are generally at our best when Clevin isn't having to score a lot. Today, the TEAM, players and coaches alike, laid a big fat egg.

Comment

I don't think it's Toure's fault that we win or lose, but I will say it like this:

If Toure has a bad game, we are still good enough to beat every team in the Valley.

If Toure has a good game, the other team had better play flawlessly to stay close.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez
                I don't think it's Toure's fault that we win or lose, but I will say it like this:

If Toure has a bad game, we are still good enough to beat every team in the Valley.

If Toure has a good game, the other team had better play flawlessly to stay close.
                Toure had a pretty good line today, offensively anyway.

6-8 FG, 1-3 3pt, 2-2 FT, 2 Reb, 1 assist, 2 steals and 15 points.

He did have 3 TOs and had early foul trouble although he didn't get fouls 4 and 5 until very late.

So this line, plus Hannah's 19 and Durley's 16 wasn't enough against Drake. We played poorly as a team on D and had too many TOs. We also did not have our normal balanced scoring. Four players scored 59 of our 64 points. The other 5, who average 30.5 ppg had 5 points.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                  Originally posted by ShockerPrez

Toure had a pretty good line today, offensively anyway.

6-8 FG, 1-3 3pt, 2-2 FT, 2 Reb, 1 assist, 2 steals and 15 points.

He did have 3 TOs and had early foul trouble although he didn't get fouls 4 and 5 until very late.

So this line, plus Hannah's 19 and Durley's 16 wasn't enough against Drake. We played poorly as a team on D and had too many TOs. We also did not have our normal balanced scoring. Four players scored 59 of our 64 points. The other 5, who average 30.5 ppg had 5 points.
                  I have to be honest, I was only able to watch the first half. So most of Murry's performance and my comments were focused toward what I saw then, which was an absent Murry and a big deficit for WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                    Originally posted by newshock1234
                    actually Toure has improved on every single part of his game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=41909
                    Wow, those are numbing stats. Call me clueless then.

Maybe it just seems he isn't clicking like he was last year or some of his turnovers are occurring at critical times now, or whatever.

I honestly am shocked that he scored 15 today. Quietest 15 I've ever seen.

I apologize.
                    a lot of that has to do with expecting too much from him. he is only a sophomore and we are all expecting him to be an all mvc type of player every game.

Comment

Working...
                    X