Cheerleaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheerleaders

A little out of my realm of knowledge (nowledge for you NU football fans that are still out there) but did anyone recognize any of the cheerleaders last night from last years squad? I know we forfeited the NC last year. You would expect to see some of the same faces. Did they all walkout or were all ineligible?

nope its a complety new squad
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Why did we forfeit the Championship?

Comment

They used an ineligible yell leader. i.e. he wasn't enrolled at wsu.

Comment

Comment

Thanks Royal, I missed the end of that thread. That explains everything,

Comment

Cheerleaders

I found out recently that the WSU Cheerleades are managed out of the Rec Center. The way this episode was handled left the general public in the dark. We were left to speculate on how it was resolved. The fact that the entire cheerleader squad was apparently replaced leaves it open to even further speculation.

Comment

Have recently been asking why spirit sqaud under hesket center (student activites funds) vs athletics. Feel this would help them focus as much on cheering on the athletic teams instead of focusing almost exclusively on competition. Also, the spirit squad has no access to weight or study facilities the other athletes get to enjoy. Might as well be asking why football not coming back because not getting any answers......

I think they were split out from athletics during the last downturn but don't know that for sure. I'm guessing athletics must feel they would be a budget strain....However, it might have helped prevent the latest incident.

:wacko:

P.S. Not that it makes acceptable in any way but evidently talking to folks who have been associated with several programs state this happens more than you'd guess.

Comment

Re: Cheerleaders

Originally posted by xazshox
                  I found out recently that the WSU Cheerleades are managed out of the Rec Center. The way this episode was handled left the general public in the dark. We were left to speculate on how it was resolved. The fact that the entire cheerleader squad was apparently replaced leaves it open to even further speculation.
                  Since the squad members were asking the school to reimburse them for their costs to go to nationals, I'm guessing they abandoned ship out of anger/dissatisfaction with WSU.

Comment

I have a friend, who was a cheer leader last year.

He gave me the detail about the matter.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember the specifics, but I can remember in general. My friend has moved to Denver, where he is now a cheer leader for the Denver Nuggets. He works three jobs and goes to the University of Denver. He is majoring in radiology.

In general, he said the admissions department of WSU made an error and it led to the calamity. There was not any fraudulent attempt or other untoward behavior by the cheer leader team.

Some of the speculation above is way over the line, since none of it is ground in fact.

By the way, my friend says Allen and Carmelo are cool guys.

Comment

I have a friend who work in the admissions office who would point the finger elsewhere. All depends on where you get the story from. Bottom line is the coaches were warned before hand and knew what they were doing was prohibited. The students on the cheer team were not at fault, but those who were did get punished.

Comment

I dont know where they got everybody. But right when school started WSU had a ad in sunflower newspaper, showing there are tryouts for the cheerleading team
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Bottom line is the coaches were warned before hand and knew what they were doing was prohibited.
                          Exactly. No matter who made the mistake, they were told not to let that person cheer and the coaches did anyway. I'm sure insubordination wouldn't be tolerated.

:yes:

Comment

Originally posted by Wushock41
                            I'm sure insubordination wouldn't be tolerated.
                            :yes:
                            Alas, such is the cut-throat world of competitive cheerleading.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

"Courtney, this is not a democracy, it's a cheerocracy. I'm sorry, but I'm overruling you."
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X