New TV Color Analyst?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TV Color Analyst?

Today on Sports Daily Bruce Heartl was interviewing Jane Albright regarding the WSU Women's BB program. Towards the end Bruce said something about a new color analyst for Shocker games. After the Break, he told Jane the Jackie Stiles would be doing color anlysis, however, I didn't catch in what capacity.

If it was color on the radio broadcasts of the Women's games I would have thought Jane already new that. There is no TV coverage of the women's game, so if Jackie is doing color with Bruce Heartl on the TV games he does the play-by-play that would have to be the men's games.

In any case, I did not catch exactly in what capacity Jackie would be doing color commentary. Anyone else hear this, or can you shed any light on it?

There was mention somewhere else of this

Either in the paper or at Shocker Madness.

Comment

Here's the link to the article on this:

WICHITA, Kan. ? In partnership with Cox and KWCH, Wichita State will televise at least 20 athletics events on Kansas Now 22 and KWCH during the 2007-08 school year, including 11 men's basketball games, six baseball games, two women's basketball games and one volleyball match, Director of Athletics Jim Schaus announced today.

Jackie Stiles is doing color commentary on the two women's basketball
      games that are going to be televised on Kansas Now 22. Craig Steven
      is doing color on the men's televised games.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShockFan

WICHITA, Kan. ? In partnership with Cox and KWCH, Wichita State will televise at least 20 athletics events on Kansas Now 22 and KWCH during the 2007-08 school year, including 11 men's basketball games, six baseball games, two women's basketball games and one volleyball match, Director of Athletics Jim Schaus announced today.

is doing color on the men's televised games.
        That makes sense. Thanks WSF.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          Originally posted by WuShockFan

is doing color on the men's televised games
          That makes sense. Thanks WSF.
          Actually, very little of this EVER makes any sense.

Comment

What would make sense is if they replaced Craig Steven with Terrell Benton.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
              I'd even recommend a babbling chimp.

Comment

No they could never get rid of thier money man!!!! :shock: :shock:

Comment

I say...get rid of Heartl and Steven....replace them both with babbling chimps :P .
                  By the way...which one's Pink?
                  MTXE

Comment

we want kobbe!
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                      we want kobbe!
                      Maybe it's time for WSU to put the basketball thing up for bid again? Then someone can put all the games on a local channel.

Haertl would be better off by himself, than with who he has now.

Comment

This may be a dumb question, but are all of your games televised locally in the Wichita area? Home and road games? I know Wichita is a good sized city as opposed to soem of the markets in the Valley and I was just wondering if you guys had local TV for all games. That's awesome if you do.

Man I wish we had that option.

Comment

GORL, I wish. Many of the games are carried on a local COX cable channel, but for those that have satellites, and that can't get COX, we're screwed. We have a couple of games on a local CBS affiliate this year, but we don't have TV for all games, even though the games have been completely sold out for 2 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound
                            I'm not sure why their is so much bitterness directed against Steven. I agree that Terrell Benton is something special as a young announcer. It seems to me that if he wants to make a career out of broadcasting, whether on TV or radio, he has a very bright future. Between him and Craig Steven he is by far the more talented. But, I have heard many, many TV and radio broadcasts in many places through the years using local talent and Craig Steven is far from being at the bottom of the barrel. He is average far more than bad and given his relative inexperience their is certainly reason to believe that he will get better over time as most broadcasters do. I don't know Craig and have no reason to defend him other than my appreciation for the effort and dedication he has given to Shocker BB over the years and for my honest sense that he is doing a creditable job as a young broadcaster. If you think Craig is bad, try listening too some of the other Valley Schools regular, experienced radio announcers using the webcasts. You will get a new appreciation for Craig and every other Shocker broadcaster we have.
                            The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock
                              Originally posted by NCAABound
                              I'm not sure why their is so much bitterness directed against Steven. I agree that Terrell Benton is something special as a young announcer. It seems to me that if he wants to make a career out of broadcasting, whether on TV or radio, he has a very bright future. Between him and Craig Steven he is by far the more talented. But, I have heard many, many TV and radio broadcasts in many places through the years using local talent and Craig Steven is far from being at the bottom of the barrel. He is average far more than bad and given his relative inexperience their is certainly reason to believe that he will get better over time as most broadcasters do. I don't know Craig and have no reason to defend him other than my appreciation for the effort and dedication he has given to Shocker BB over the years and for my honest sense that he is doing a creditable job as a young broadcaster. If you think Craig is bad, try listening too some of the other Valley Schools regular, experienced radio announcers using the webcasts. You will get a new appreciation for Craig and every other Shocker broadcaster we have.
                              I agree that he gets a bad rap. I dislike the play-by-play more than the color.

Comment

Working...
                              X