Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Clevin Hannah debacle

Deserves its own thread.

I agree...we have been talking about it in other threads...
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Re: The Clevin Hannah debacle

Originally posted by SirShoxAlot
      Deserves its own thread.
      Thanks for your wisdom on the topic. Glad you started a new one!

Comment

So what's the latest?

Comment

"Marshall also addressed guard Clevin Hannah’s situation. Hannah, a senior, sat out Saturday’s exhibition game because WSU had discovered he was not certified as an amateur with the NCAA during the 2008-09 season, his first at WSU. Marshall again described the issue as a “paperwork” problem neglected by the athletic department."

This is probably as much as we're ever going to know about that part of the situation. I'd be real surprised if any details came to light. All that remains now is if Clevin misses any games and if so, how many. End of Story.

Comment

so is there any estimated time frame on when we will know the official punishment for this?

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan34
              so is there any estimated time frame on when we will know the official punishment for this?
              48 hours.... TOPS.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I don't know about everyone else but, HCGM say "he could miss several games, no more than that..." worries me. I hope whomever is to blame for the clerical mistake, is punished as well.

Comment

He also mentioned that he could have played Clevin in the exhibition game, but didn't. I think he said that on the Coach's Show.

Comment

There are attempts to lay blame who is the compliance officer for the athletic dept.?
                    Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                      He also mentioned that he could have played Clevin in the exhibition game, but didn't. I think he said that on the Coach's Show.
                      Could they count that game as one of his "suspended" games? :lol:

I think we should just all expect that we will be without Clevin for the Pittsburgh game and start dealing with it now.

:-x :-x :-x :-x
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Doc what's reallly happening?
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Getting qualified by the NCAA is the responsibility of the student athlete. The amateur status questionnaire appears to be part of that process. All this usually happens before the athlete enrolls. Perhaps the university reviews the paperwork to ensure everything was in order. I don't really know.

It was a problem with his submitting paperwork last year. I don't understand why the NCAA cleared him last year instead of notifying Hannah and the university that the questionnaire had not been completed successfully. It appears they cleared him when they shouldn't of and if they would of taken action then, the matter could of been cleared up before last season.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

I think it looks as if he was ineligible all of last year, but the NCAA hadn't noticed it yet.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I'm thinking everybody has to be cleared to play through the NCAA and Clearinghouse. I assume they did this, but discovered recently it was in error due to the missing or inadequately completed amateur status form.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X