No announcement yet.

Coach on TV tonite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or he may have to suspend Clemente. He's been involved in both injuries! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      Or he may have to suspend Clemente. He's been involved in both injuries! :lol:
      I would never want Ramon to premeditate any aggression towards Falker and SIU; but if happens, I won't feel sorry for them.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

OOOOPS,

I have been informed, very politely I might add, that I may have been confusing Durley and Butler regarding the scholarship issue over this past summer.

Mea Culpa

Comment

I just listened to the archieved file.

If others would like to do so, skip to the 13:36 mark. The audio begins at that point.

I listened closely to Coach Marshall's remark about J.T. Durley, which has led to some controversy as to its meaning. The remark begins at about the 43:10 mark, if you wish to hear it first hand.

Here is his one sentence comment and I am sure I have captured the essence of his remark as follows:

"Durley is the one guy that who I have not been able to get his motor revved to the degree that I would like and that is something he is going to have to deal with it and until that (time), we are going to have to deal with it."

The grammar is a little fractured, but I am sure I have quoted Coach Marshall pretty accurately.

My interpretation is pretty straight forward - Coach Marshall is not happy about J.T.'s work ethic. I could expand this interpretation a little and say, Coach will put up with it for an undefined period of time. Clearly, Coach was not a happy camper about this topic. Based upon the little knowledge I have about Coach Marshall, I cannot imagine he will put up with it for the long term. In other words, I think J.T. is on a short leash.

Also, I think it is telling that Coach only had a single sentence to say about J.T. and that was all. It was about a 2-3 second rundown on J.T.'s preseason performance so far.

When Mike Kennedy queried Coach Marshall about other players, Coach talked about their strengths and weaknesses. His comments were measured and generally complimentary.

However, when queried about Durley, Coach only made the brief quoted remark above. His voice became elevated and it definitely had an edge to it. I think Mike hit his hot button with respect to Durley.

The best surprise of the interview to me was his effusive praise of Aaron Ellis. I must admit, Coach got me excited. By the way, several times Coach referred to Ellis as being 6-9. Coach described him as being very, very talented and he will be playing the 3 spot.

Also, Coach talked about the domino effect of Arbry's injury and how position play would be affected. As an example, P.J. will play 2-3 and Mantas will play 3-4.

Coach was extremely effusive of his praise of Gal Mekel. He intimated that Gal might start at the point.

Comment

As I stated before on the Shocker Madness thread I felt like Matty B would be the starting 1.
            I say that mainly based of his experience and from what I read in regards to coaches comments towards Gal.
            At the same time Matt's only experience comes at playing at the D1 level now for 3 years. When it comes to the system neither one have anymore experience than the other. Coach was really complimentary of Gal and for the most part has swayed my belief some. I still think though on Saturday Matt will be the starter with Gal either starting 2 or first of the bench. But come Valley time I will not be surprised if Gal is there for the opening tip.

Im disappointed in Durley. With Arbry's injury he defininetly has to step it the hell up. I really like what I saw at SM. and believe more than ever that with him going, the post problem wont be near as bad as some make it out seem. Son you have a great oppourunity and your heart is in question. This team definiently needs him but if your coach is on his very first talk show talking about your motor isnt revved then I would take that to heart.

Orupke - nothing new really. Scores are rumored to be coming out but until I see word im not holding my breath on the kid.

Biggest surprise as far as what was said was Ellis IMO. I dont care if he's 6'7 or 6'9 having that guy at the 3 is going to be monsterous for us. I cant think of one team that will be able to guard him. and no not even the dogs of carbondale.

Overall im really excited I cant wait until saturday.

Comment

Coach M also said that Gal has improved and was basically a "stud".

Comment

I think that Marshall thinks highly of Gal. However, he has made a point of his quickness deficiencies and complimented his work ethic, and strength (in addition to his offensive skills). I think that he would like a combo of quickness and strength in his point guard to pressure the ball as far from the basket as possible. This would match up with his statements about the type of pressure defense that he likes to play. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                  I just listened to the archieved file.

If others would like to do so, skip to the 13:36 mark. The audio begins at that point.

I listened closely to Coach Marshall's remark about J.T. Durley, which has led to some controversy as to its meaning. The remark begins at about the 43:10 mark, if you wish to hear it first hand.

Here is his one sentence comment and I am sure I have captured the essence of his remark as follows:

"Durley is the one guy that who I have not been able to get his motor revved to the degree that I would like and that is something he is going to have to deal with it and until that (time), we are going to have to deal with it."

The grammar is a little fractured, but I am sure I have quoted Coach Marshall pretty accurately.

My interpretation is pretty straight forward - Coach Marshall is not happy about J.T.'s work ethic. I could expand this interpretation a little and say, Coach will put up with it for an undefined period of time. Clearly, Coach was not a happy camper about this topic. Based upon the little knowledge I have about Coach Marshall, I cannot imagine he will put up with it for the long term. In other words, I think J.T. is on a short leash.

Also, I think it is telling that Coach only had a single sentence to say about J.T. and that was all. It was about a 2-3 second rundown on J.T.'s preseason performance so far.

When Mike Kennedy queried Coach Marshall about other players, Coach talked about their strengths and weaknesses. His comments were measured and generally complimentary.

However, when queried about Durley, Coach only made the brief quoted remark above. His voice became elevated and it definitely had an edge to it. I think Mike hit his hot button with respect to Durley.

The best surprise of the interview to me was his effusive praise of Aaron Ellis. I must admit, Coach got me excited. By the way, several times Coach referred to Ellis as being 6-9. Coach described him as being very, very talented and he will be playing the 3 spot.

Also, Coach talked about the domino effect of Arbry's injury and how position play would be affected. As an example, P.J. will play 2-3 and Mantas will play 3-4.

Coach was extremely effusive of his praise of Gal Mekel. He intimated that Gal might start at the point.
                  I think I already made this point, but... whatever RDR says is golden with me. 8)
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

I should add that we don't have the quickness and strength combination this year at PG. We'll have to recruit it.

Comment

Working...
                    X