Coach on TV tonite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattdalt
    apparently Mr. Durley has the same question and is exploring the answer even as we speak.

Excuse me?

Comment

I dunno, Doc, I can't read it any other way, either.

Comment

I think he's saying that based on Marshall's comments last night.

But that's way too extreme an interpretation.

Comment

People complain that coaches use "coach speak" and when extreme comments are made like this, who can blame them.

Comment

Marshall didn't do so much as hint that Durley was a candidate to lose a scholarship. That was irresponsible conjecture on the part of mattdalt.

Besides, from what I can tell, Turgeon pulled Arbry's scholarship due to off-court issues, namely his work in the classroom.

Comment

Irresponsible or not, I read it that a particular player is already exploring his exit options. Delete this if you need to, but that's how the comment sounds to me.

Comment

I read it as inappropriate speculation. Period.

Comment

I'm wouldn't touch the scholly issue with a ten foot pole.
                  However, he had better get his butt in gear. The new regime isn't playing around when it comes to effort and commitment. While there was some leeway with the previous owners, the new sheriff in town (pardon the pun) doesn't play the same games. You are either 100% on board or pay the consequences.
                  The more I know and learn about CGM, the more I like him. 8)
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

pin, that doesn't make sense logically. If a player is exploring his exit options, then he wouldn't be a candidate to have his scholarship pulled.

Comment

I think some of you are reading WAY too much into 1 comment. From what I recall he was basically saying that he doesn't think Durley is playing 100% effort all the time. Now while that may mean he doesn't see the court much until he puts for the effort but it's way to early to speculate on scholarships being pulled...etc.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I guess what I meant to say was:

It sounds like; if Mr. Durley does not improve his work ethic, or begin providing the coaches with the level of effort that they demand, I guess you could, maybe, speculate that at some obscure point in the future, he could maybe have a scholarship pulled for his lack of "buying into the system," maybe!

I personally think the original quote was funnier.

Clarification,

my comment was made more in a sarcastic mode, even maybe a poor attempt at just a little humor.

I did not mean to imply that Mr. Durley was exploring any exit options. That is shame on you for projecting.

I was attempting to "turn a phrase" maybe.

Background for my comment:

Mr. Durley, allegedly, had his scholarship pulled by MT for academic reasons. I believe there has been discussion on this board about Durley's lack of conditioning. HCGM singles out Mr. Durley as having difficulty "getting his motor going" and it did not sound like it was a physical issue, but rather a work ethic issue. THEN, someone asked whether a scholarship could be pulled.

therefore,
                        If you are a student athlete, have, allegedly, had your scholarship pulled, have been singled out by the head coach for not providing, physically, the single most important thing the coach demands, could you say, in response to the question of whether a scholarship could be pulled, that that someone appears to be exploring the question of whether a scholarship can be pulled?

I understand that it is a long, long leap from a comment on the very first coach's show, to having an athlete's scholarship "pulled." But, sometimes there is humor in describing a situation in the extreme.

Comment

My error, I thought it sounded as if you had inside info. My bad.

Comment

After witnessing Butler and Hawkin got hurt during (hard) practices, if I'm Durley, I would be protective and don't run all I could.
                            If another player get hurt during practice, I think CGM may have to make it easier. :o
                            Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt
                              Mr. Durley, allegedly, had his scholarship pulled by MT for academic reasons.
                              I think you're confusing JT and Arbry Butler.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by T.VuOP
                                After witnessing Butler and Hawkin got hurt during (hard) practices, if I'm Durley, I would be protective and don't run all I could.
                                If another player get hurt during practice, I think CGM may have to make it easier. :o
                                I know Monks are famous for their beer, but dude you need to lay off the product.

CGM and "make it easier" are not in the same galaxy.
                                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X