No announcement yet.

Finally some real info on practices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the above statements and wonder why he is not the 8th man that could possibly start or at least be in heavy rotation. If it doesn't happen this year , I don't see it ever happening, because of AJ, AE and other top notch guards coming in next year. I think he will be a great practice player and occasional game player for the rest of his time hear at WSU.

Comment

I see Preadom as a great role player. He's a solid guard who can really help the team. I've never thought of him as a starter. A solid backup who can help the team but that's it. You need guys like that on a team.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Agreed that he is a solid backup guard. He will be the 8th man in the 8 man rotation when serious games begin. When EO hopefully arrives our rotation would expand to 9 and he will still see some PT.
        In the fast lane

Comment

only reason he wasnt listed in the group is because he wont start. he still will be apart of the rotation.

Comment

If WP is the 8th man in an 8 man rotation that means that PT, RC, and MG will be the only bigs. Its possible, but ugly!
            Livin the dream

Comment

We may see some small ball until EO gets here with this combo at various junctures.---MB, GM, PJ, MG, RC.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Lets not forget when Butler is healthy he may step into the 4th big in the rotation. At least that's the way Marshall has made it sound.

Speaking of which, his 6 week guesstimate would be up at the end of the month wouldn't it? Would that be after the VI's? That would give a few weeks of help anyway before Ehimen would arrive. And lets not forget Durley. He may not be giving exactly what Marshall wants at the moment. But I'd be surprised if he doesn't fill in the role as the 4th until a better or another option is available.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We'll definitely be small Saturday without JT.

Comment

All of this is nothing new. The S16 year we had a total of 3 players at the 4/5 spots. Even if Durley isn't going all out in practices and isn't quick to pick up the schemes, he's a better 4th option down low than we had that year.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I remember last year I thought Preadom would be the most improved...

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
                        Is Durely not going to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
                          He'll be home for the funeral of his grandfather.

Comment

In my opinion, the number of players, barring injury, is not the issue. WSU had Miller two years ago - -who as we all know was a serious offensive threat and a good passer. This opened things up for the players at the 1, 2 & 3 spot.

Someone needs to be a consistent offense threat on the blocks, i.e. Clemente and/or PT. If Butler was in line to get some playing time at the 4, based upon early reviews it certainly would not be to score. CGM probably thought he could bring some strong off the ball defense and energy. Butler would get his points off put backs and alleys. As an aside, I am still not writing off JTD -- I just hope he can get his act together.

As for Preadom, I like the kid he works hard and plays pretty good defense. Preadom does not have to score a lot but he should be able to keep a defense honest.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                              He'll be home for the funeral of his grandfather.
                              Thanks, I was not aware of JTD's loss.

Comment

In my opinion, the number of players, barring injury, is not the issue. WSU had Miller two years ago - -who as we all know was a serious offensive threat and a good passer. This opened things up for the players at the 1, 2 & 3 spot.
                                Don't forget about Kyle Wilson. For a team to go deep into March I think it's important to have a couple of big guys that balance each other out. Obviously, Paul was the catalyst that made it go, but when he was doubled, a dump to Kyle was usually open, and he would make the most of it.

Last year, when Kyle had to take the load, there wasn't enough consistent play on the opposite block.

Now this year, there are lots of questions. Hopefully PT, RC, JTD, Ellis, and Butler can fill those positions. I guess a huge bonus could arrive from Africa.

Comment

Working...
                                X