No announcement yet.

Finally some real info on practices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maggie ... Are you married? A girl like you could steal my basketball! ... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
      Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am married. Moreover, I just don't think I am your type and I know you are not mine.

Maggie is the name of my dog and is not representative of my gender.
      ;-)

Comment

IMO and with nothing to really go on I would say Saturdays starting 5 will look something like

Matt, Pj, Mantas, Ramon, Phil.

With Gal and Aaron first of the bench.

again only speculating and merely throwing that out there.

For the record I have no problem whatsover with starting Matt and Gal at the 1 and 2 because based on the the valley tourney game thats awesome to the umpteenth degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
          Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am married. Moreover, I just don't think I am your type and I know you are not mine.

;-)
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie

;-)
            You just never know. On ShockerNet, Maggie is a guy and Charlie is a gal! Oh, and Gal is a guy!

Comment

– he wants the best 5 on the floor. Any thoughts on how this would work in terms of player rotation?
              The emphasis on conditioning probably means better players will get more minutes than last year. Pencil Cooz in for mid-30's minutes.

Projecting rotations requires an assumption of who's on the court and a situation. Put PT, RC, MG, PJ, and MB on the floor and PT picks up his second foul at about the 10-minute mark - that's not an unlikely scenario. PT sits down and GM comes in at SG. Everybody moves up one spot.

Take that lineup and suppose Braeuer has to come out for a medical checkup after hitting the floor - another not unlikely scenario. Ellis comes in for Braeuer and takes over at SF, PJ and GM move down a spot.

Here's my depth projection - it looks different than previous years

PG - Braeuer/Mekel
              SG - Couisnard/Mekel
              SF - Griskenas/Couisnard/Ellis
              PF - Clemente/Griskenas
              C - Thomasson/Clemente

That's only 7 guys. If that's the depth there is, then that's the depth there is. 7 guys playing the entire game averages out to about 28.5 minutes each. That's doable. We need more minutes from Cooz and Clemente. PT and AE might get fewer minutes.

This is just a scenario. It is not a prediction of who gets how many minutes.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

It might be doable under MT's system, but with more pressing, more uptempo, etc, we gotta have 9 in the first half and 8 in the second, I think.

Comment

I think Preadom and Durley will get minutes. They just haven't been put into the group that could potentially start. Every time I've heard "the 7" mentioned, it's been in regards to the starting lineup.

Here is my take on the depth chart:

PG - Braeuer/Mekel/Preadom
                  SG - Cooz/Mekel
                  SF - Griz/Cooz/Ellis
                  PF - Clemente/Griz/Thomasson
                  C - Thomasson/Durley/Clemente

I could see Ellis getting some time as the 3 on offense and the 4 on defense, allowing us to "go small" with Braeuer, Mekel, Cooz, Ellis, Clemente

Comment

I agree with the assumption regarding the better players receiving more minutes than last year. But CGM is going to have an 8 man rotation, at the very least.

I just don't think there is anyway that Durley doesn't, at least, get some spot minutes at the 4 and 5 – otherwise that leaves the team very thin on the front line. If Durley can contribute then MG and Ellis don't have to play as much 4 – which is out of position for them. And based on CGM comments, I think Ellis is going to get some serious court time – which I am really happy about.

Also, I am not sure that Preadom will be playing PG that much barring injury and foul trouble – I think he is better fit at the 2. He will give the team solid defense but we have to hope he has more confidence in his shot. I am just more comfortable with Mekel or MB running the offense.

Comment

You guys did notice that Preadom played well on Madness night and hit that 12-13' jumper, didn't you?

Comment

You guys did notice that Preadom played well on Madness night and hit that 12-13' jumper, didn't you?
                        He was hitting 3's at last year's Madness. It didn't seem to translate to the games that count.

But I hope this year it might. You never want to have 4 on 5.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          He was hitting 3's at last year's Madness. It didn't seem to translate to the games that count.

But I hope this year it might. You never want to have 4 on 5.
                          Exactly what I was thinking. I remember alot of us coming away from Madness last year pretty excited about Preadom...and then....well we know how it went from there.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Until Preadom shows some confidence in a real game, there will be questions. Otherwise, I think he is a solid player.

Comment

Preadom is a solid player with a great attitude and solid work ethic I think his outside shot has gotten better or at least his condifidence in it has improved. He will help us and even though it's off the bench he will benefit from the coaching style with his atheleticism the pressing defenses suit him well. He may or may not play more than before but I think he will be more successful in HCGM system. Everyone on the team likes Wendell and I am glad we have that kinda guy in our program. I just hope he makes the most of his oppurtunities. :good: :wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by shockpower10
                                Preadom is a solid player with a great attitude and solid work ethic I think his outside shot has gotten better or at least his condifidence in it has improved. He will help us and even though it's off the bench he will benefit from the coaching style with his atheleticism the pressing defenses suit him well. He may or may not play more than before but I think he will be more successful in HCGM system. Everyone on the team likes Wendell and I am glad we have that kinda guy in our program. I just hope he makes the most of his oppurtunities. :good: :wsu_posters:
                                I completely agree
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X