Channel 3 Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Channel 3 Interview

http://www.ksn.com/mediacenter/local...et&navCatId=17 .... I couldn't believe he laughed at the mere mention of playing wsu.
    it's up in the air

I watched it a couple of times...never saw him laugh. He kinda smiled, but that's to be expected. He knew the question was coming at some point, that was a given. At the Bill Self roast a month ago, Barry Hinson poked fun at him for not playing WSU and his fear of mid majors in general.

Comment

So what would you call that then, just a huge drawn out grin? :roll:
      it's up in the air

Comment

I'm with Marty on this one,

He knew the question was going to come at some point, he's being interviewed by a Wichita station. He gets this question probably dozens of times from people he knows in Wichita, or journalists. He's tired of the question probably just as much as Gregg or Mark ever would be (just from the other side of the argument). He's not trying to be arrogant.

But while I don't think KU would play WSU, they might try getting another non-con game at the Arena sometime in the future. (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit)
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker
          But while I don't think KU would play WSU, they might try getting another non-con game at the Arena sometime in the future. (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit)
          I seriously don't think that will ever happen. There would be no advantage to coming to Wichita and playing a game at IBA. I don't think KU has ever played a nonconference game in the Sprint Center (besides tournaments)...but I don't know that for sure if anyone would like to correct me. The Sprint Center would be more logical than IBA, given its proximity to KU, more KU alumni and more seating.

Originally posted by gamefan
          It wasn't a laugh, which is what you said... He smiled because he knew the question was coming, nothing more. No need to try and blow it out of proportion for another bitchfest.

Comment

It's better than an eyeroll, which is what he wanted to do.

Comment

Sometime they might go for 1 in IBA and 2 at KU. But sometime in the future we might be more powerful than they in basketball. One never knows. Things change.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                Sometime they might go for 1 in IBA and 2 at KU. But sometime in the future we might be more powerful than they in basketball. One never knows. Things change.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That might be the case but I always have hope the BCS will fall apart.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                    That might be the case but I always have hope the BCS will fall apart.
                    Once again:

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                      Originally posted by Steeleshocker
                      I seriously don't think that will ever happen. There would be no advantage to coming to Wichita and playing a game at IBA. I don't think KU has ever played a nonconference game in the Sprint Center (besides tournaments)...but I don't know that for sure if anyone would like to correct me. The Sprint Center would be more logical than IBA, given its proximity to KU, more KU alumni and more seating.

It wasn't a laugh, which is what you said... He smiled because he knew the question was coming, nothing more. No need to try and blow it out of proportion for another bitchfest.
                      “hear ye, hear ye!” :good: :good:

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                        I don't think KU has ever played a nonconference game in the Sprint Center (besides tournaments)...but I don't know that for sure if anyone would like to correct me. The Sprint Center would be more logical than IBA, given its proximity to KU, more KU alumni and more seating.
                        KU has and will always play one non-conference game per year in Kansas City. Since the Sprint Center has been open they have played Ohio in 2008, UMass and the CBE Classic in 2009 and this year they are playing LaSalle. I honestly think that the only way WSU & KU will play is if it is either in the Sprint Center or in the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

It's not out of the question for KU to play a game at IBA (not against WSU). The only reason for KU to play in Wichita would be for recruiting Perry Ellis.

Play one game in Wichita during recruiting to show him they would give him a "home" game and play one in Wichita while he's at KU.

I'm confident KU can sell out IBA.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                            It's not out of the question for KU to play a game at IBA (not against WSU). The only reason for KU to play in Wichita would be for recruiting Perry Ellis.

Play one game in Wichita during recruiting to show him they would give him a "home" game and play one in Wichita while he's at KU.

I'm confident KU can sell out IBA.
                            In a

minute

Comment

I have hated KU and their coaches, and ADs much longer than many of you have been alive. I gotta admit, however, that I came away from Self's interview with a new respect for the man.

Comment

Working...
                              X