No announcement yet.

Top 13 Conferences by Gary Parrish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MVC is in a down year and still is ranked seven, sounds great to me. But, I hope that it is similar to when WSU went through our down year and won the conference, the MVC actually exceeds expectations, and I think the conference will. There will be plenty of opportunity for serveral top tier teams to prove it in their non-conference schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth007
      http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10431305 - MVC comes in at #7 and WSU at #7 in the conference
      They have PJ as a second team conerence selection. What a joke...he will be first eam and in contention for POY. Also they have Stinnett down as the newcomer of the year, I expect Clemente will have that plaque on his wall!

Does anyone else think that Crouch is extremely over rated?!!!!

Comment

Pretty vanilla right up. For some reason I am optimistic about the season, not just for WSU, but for the MVC as a whole; however, common sense tells me 7th, as a conference, is probably too high. Even Parish admits his ranking is based upon the success of the conference the past couple of years.

I have no problem with Parish ranking WSU 7th preseason, given what happened to the program over the summer. Besides, a team with a chip on its should is always a good thing. As for PJ – he should be first team but it would not surprise me if, at the end of the year, he is on the second team. PJ is very unselfish and he will fill up a stat sheet; however, whether a kid makes the first team seems to depend, above all, on one stat: Average Points Per Game. I think his average will go up but he could still get over looked no matter how good his all around game might be.

Comment

I personally think PJ is going to have to score a lot this year. We don't have as many outside threats from last year, no proven penetrators, no proven inside game. Maybe some of that will change, but I think PJ will be forced to be somewhat 'selfish'.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
            http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10431305 - MVC comes in at #7 and WSU at #7 in the conference
            They have PJ as a second team conerence selection. What a joke...!!!!
            I think that Parrish is trying to make his point that Bradley is the clear #2 pick in the Valley by making his first team All Valley selections for guards coming from the Braves.

Basically, it would be hard to pick PJ as the Valley Player of the Year if he expects the Shocks to finish 7th.

I expect the Shocks to be better than 7th. I expect top 3 (don't know if that will happen, but it's what I want as a fan).

Comment

The #3 through #6 spots in his conference projections are wide open in my opinion.

I look for us to fall in at 3 to 4, and peaking come MVC tourney time.....

Can't wait to see the season start.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Nice to not have the pressure of high expectations. Just kick back and hope to be pleasantly suprised :posterwsu: 8) 8)
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I don't care what the media thinks, I have high expectations and expect us to be in the top 3.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Here is Yahoo's conference rankings. This is more realistic IMO for the MVC this year.

Comment

We are ranked #21, hooray!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mmpoll/
                        Interestingly, Marshall has a vote in the poll. I don't remember that being true for Turgeon, does anyone else remember?
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I'm not sure on this, but I think Marshall had a vote at Winthrop, and just kept it when he went to Wichita State.

Turgeon did not have one.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
                            I'm not sure on this, but I think Marshall had a vote at Winthrop, and just kept it when he went to Wichita State.

Turgeon did not have one.
                            I guess that would explain it. Thanks.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

And #5 team in the Valley... more realistic than #7, but still potentially low.

Comment

And #5 team in the Valley... more realistic than #7, but still potentially low.

Comment

Working...
                                X