Top 13 Conferences by Gary Parrish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 13 Conferences by Gary Parrish

Gary Parrish has been previewing each conference by counting down from his "top 13." The current previewed conference list is as follows....

13 - West Coast
    12- Colonial
    11 - Mountain West
    10 - Western Athletic
    9 - Conference USA
    8 - Atlantic 10

We most likely will be previewed tommorrow. If you had to make your own top 13 how would it go? To simplify the matter, lets align the top 13 with expected ending RPI.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebas...story/10429441 - A10 preview
    Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

I would put C-USA ahead of A-10, but that might be the only change there. And WCC is 13 only because of Gonzaga.

Will the MVC be 7? Or will it be lower. My guess is this is how the rest fall:
    1. ACC
    2. Big East
    3. SEC
    4. Big 12
    5. Pac 10
    6. Big 10
    7. MVC

I just don't see how you could make an argument to put the MVC any better than 7.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
      I would put C-USA ahead of A-10, but that might be the only change there. And WCC is 13 only because of Gonzaga.

1. ACC
      2. Big East
      3. SEC
      4. Big 12
      5. Pac 10
      6. Big 10
      7. MVC

I just don't see how you could make an argument to put the MVC any better than 7.
      Agree, I don't mind being at #7

Comment

1. ACC
        2. Big East
        3. SEC
        4. Big 12
        5. Pac 10
        6. Big 10
        7. MVC

The PAC 10 will not be that low. It is a top 3 conference.

Comment

1. ACC
          2. Big East
          3. SEC
          4. Big 12
          5. Pac 10
          6. Big 10
          7. MVC

I agree that the MVC should probably be #7. However, I think the Pac 10 may be above the Big 12 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53

1. ACC
            2. Big East
            3. SEC
            4. Big 12
            5. Pac 10
            6. Big 10
            7. MVC

Agree - the Pac-10 is stacked this year.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Atlantic 10 should be #7, Conference USA should be #8 and the MVC, WAC, MWC and Colonial all tied as 9 with the WCC coming in a #14. This will be a down year for the MVC, not a situation where the other conferences gained on us, the MVC has just fallen back.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                Atlantic 10 should be #7, Conference USA should be #8 and the MVC, WAC, MWC and Colonial all tied as 9 with the WCC coming in a #14. This will be a down year for the MVC, not a situation where the other conferences gained on us, the MVC has just fallen back.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker
                  Originally posted by vbird53

1. ACC
                  2. Big East
                  3. SEC
                  4. Big 12
                  5. Pac 10
                  6. Big 10
                  7. MVC

Agree - the Pac-10 is stacked this year.
                  Agreed. We'll all find out for sure as there is a Big 12/Pac 10 Challenge this season. I'm predicting the B12 will get humbled.

Comment

The road games in the PAC are going to be brutal this year.

Comment

I'd put the Big East ahead of the ACC, but I'm biased. Then again, there's enough ACC bias out there I don't mind plugging the BE a bit.

Comment

Many base MVC's success on the experience the teams had the last couple of years. Not the case this year and the Valley's time as the best non-BCS conference is therefore over in some eyes. If the Valley is ranked as the 7th best conference at the end of the year, its been a very good year. It would go a long ways in establishing the MVC as a top flight basketball conference.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

7th

Well, another 7th place prediction for the Shockers. I am loving that. There is no way we finish 7th, but I like being the underdog. Over achieveng and exceeding expectations is way better than being the marked man at the top.

Comment

... wsu's not being predicted at 7th. it's the conference. ans i dont think the conference is going to exceed expectations. more than likely they will recede...
                            veni, vidi, vici

Comment

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebas...story/10431305 - MVC comes in at #7 and WSU at #7 in the conference

Comment

Working...
                              X