SIU's Ryan Hare arrested....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIU's Ryan Hare arrested....

ALLEGEDLY. Nothing official but I'm glad we haven't had many of these types of issues...."knock on wood". Some fairly "minor" things, but nothing quite like this stuff.

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

I just wanted to "Type" something using "quotation" marks because well "I guess" its "fun"

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
      I just wanted to "Type" something using "quotation" marks because well "I guess" its "fun"
      What is there not to like about ASM?

The answer is "nada."
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Here is the brief news release:

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
          And here's another.

I hate to hear this. Hare appeared to be a potential star. I always hope these kids keep their heads on straight. Sounds like the injured party might not be too bad as he was pretty quickly released, but he was bad enough to go to the hospital, so it went much too far.

Guess we'll see how it all plays out. I really don't know whether to expect a slap on the wrist, or a far more severe penalty. Impossible to know not knowing the facts. I truly hope the injuries are not bad.

Comment

I haven't had (knock on wood) many run ins with the law so I am not totally schooled in the whole bail thing. I thought you needed to come up with about 10% on a bond to obtain your release....is that right?

If that is right, it is somewhat troubling that he is still in jail more than a day later if $75 is all that somebody needed (or wanted) to come up with....I realize it is a Sunday but still. Doesn't sound as if the young man has much of a support system which might go a long ways in explaining what on the surface appears to be a series of poor decisions. I wish him well in getting things straightened out and back on the proper track. I was very impressed with him on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              I was very impressed with him on the floor.
              That's what she said.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeShox
                And here's another.

I hate to hear this. Hare appeared to be a potential star. I always hope these kids keep their heads on straight. Sounds like the injured party might not be too bad as he was pretty quickly released, but he was bad enough to go to the hospital, so it went much too far.

Guess we'll see how it all plays out. I really don't know whether to expect a slap on the wrist, or a far more severe penalty. Impossible to know not knowing the facts. I truly hope the injuries are not bad.
                I wouldnt put to much stock in the fact that the kid went to the hospital. Hell when the police showed up they may have just said "you should have that looked at as just a precaution"

People hear hospital and start freaking out. Which is not a horrible reaction because those places suck. but none the less....

FYI im not defending the dude. I actually dont really care that the dude was arrested. But I can already hear people talking in circles "oh hes a thug, he put some poor kid in the hospital et. al"

Not saying you specifically but more of a generality

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                  Originally posted by MikeShox
                  And here's another.

I wouldnt put to much stock in the fact that the kid went to the hospital. Hell when the police showed up they may have just said "you should have that looked at as just a precaution"

People hear hospital and start freaking out. Which is not a horrible reaction because those places suck. but none the less....

FYI im not defending the dude. I actually dont really care that the dude was arrested. But I can already hear people talking in circles "oh hes a thug, he put some poor kid in the hospital et. al"

Not saying you specifically but more of a generality
                  I agree. I will say it will be interesting to see how severe SIU handles this though. If I remember right the kid started his career last year with a suspension at the beginning of the season. It has also been said on Salukitalk that he was already going to start THIS season suspended before this even happened. He may not see much of the floor this year if that's the case...who knows.

On one hand it's not WSU so it doesn't bother me that much. But then again I just hate to hear this kind of stuff...but it is what it is.

Comment

I would hope that no one wants to see a kid throw away a free education like this, I don't care what team he plays for. This is his future we're talking about. Since this isn't the first time he has been in trouble, someone needs to drill some sense into that kid's head (if that's possible).

I think we have been very fortunate, at least in the not too distant past, that we have not had to deal with one of our athletes getting crosswise of the authorities. We've had rule infractions that cost a kid his scholarship and we've had conflict on the team between players, but I don't remember the last time anything involved legal authorities.

We can be thankful for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
                      I would hope that no one wants to see a kid throw away a free education like this, I don't care what team he plays for. This is his future we're talking about. Since this isn't the first time he has been in trouble, someone needs to drill some sense into that kid's head (if that's possible).

I think we have been very fortunate, at least in the not too distant past, that we have not had to deal with one of our athletes getting crosswise of the authorities. We've had rule infractions that cost a kid his scholarship and we've had conflict on the team between players, but I don't remember the last time anything involved legal authorities.

We can be thankful for that.
                      I am thankful for that, but not for the bruises on my knuckles! I need to find some balsa wood.

Comment

Hare has been suspended indefinitely. Expect him to miss some early games is what a SIU fan is saying.

This opens the door for Jack Crowder to be a definite starter at the beginning of the season.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

ThugBallTM is back!
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                            ThugBallTM is back!

Did you mean it continues? :lol:

Comment

The SalukiTalk thread on this topic is at 41 pages. I fear it may overtake the EO thread at this pace!
                              Please, someone, add to the EO thread, and fast!
                              Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Working...
                              X