Game @ Creighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrshock
    I thought Old Market was better. Maybe because it was bigger, cleaner, and had more people around. But I could have been confused. I also liked where it was located in Omaha in relation to where Old Town is located in Wichita.
    Why would you be confused?

I simply was asking why it was better? Asking for reasons rather than just saying. Per their site they really don't offer anything more in the resturaunt/bar genre. However it did seem to have a lot of art related stuff compared to old town.

Late last summer my wife and I were going to take a weekend trip up to Omaha until I came across an article that talked about how Omaha averaged a shooting a day for 60 days or something along those lines last summer. So we went to Colorado Springs instead.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
      Last year at the game I saw the strangest thing I'd ever seen.

About two rows behind me in the lower bowl, some guy who I've never seen in those seats before (or since) came to the game with a Creighton shirt and Shockers hat (or vice versa, I can't remember right now). Anyway, he cheered really loud for Cooz anytime Cooz had a big play and rooted for Funk anytime Funk had a big play.

At the half, I tried to tell him it was impossible to root for both teams when they were playing against one another. He just gave me a really confused look.
      Anybody wearing a Cu shirt and WSU hat should have a confused look on his face. If it is ICTJay I'd be surprised as I am fairly certain that guy has little good to say about the Shocks. Pick a side folks......Its like guys that are Florida Gator, Colts and Spurs fans all at the same time. Just looking to bandwagon the winner so they don't look dissappointed.

Sad.
      I agree for the most part. But if someone is an alum of both schools I think it is alright to support them both. In this case, maybe he got his undergrad at WSU and went to Dental or Law school at CU. THere are quite a few Dentists in Wichita that went to Dental school at CU.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity

About two rows behind me in the lower bowl, some guy who I've never seen in those seats before (or since) came to the game with a Creighton shirt and Shockers hat (or vice versa, I can't remember right now). Anyway, he cheered really loud for Cooz anytime Cooz had a big play and rooted for Funk anytime Funk had a big play.

At the half, I tried to tell him it was impossible to root for both teams when they were playing against one another. He just gave me a really confused look.
        Anybody wearing a Cu shirt and WSU hat should have a confused look on his face. If it is ICTJay I'd be surprised as I am fairly certain that guy has little good to say about the Shocks. Pick a side folks......Its like guys that are Florida Gator, Colts and Spurs fans all at the same time. Just looking to bandwagon the winner so they don't look dissappointed.

Sad.
        I agree for the most part. But if someone is an alum of both schools I think it is alright to support them both. In this case, maybe he got his undergrad at WSU and went to Dental or Law school at CU. THere are quite a few Dentists in Wichita that went to Dental school at CU.

Remind me not to wear any Shocker gear the next time I go to get my teeth cleaned. That could hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town
          I thought Old Market was better. Maybe because it was bigger, cleaner, and had more people around. But I could have been confused. I also liked where it was located in Omaha in relation to where Old Town is located in Wichita.

I simply was asking why it was better? Asking for reasons rather than just saying. Per their site they really don't offer anything more in the resturaunt/bar genre. However it did seem to have a lot of art related stuff compared to old town.

Late last summer my wife and I were going to take a weekend trip up to Omaha until I came across an article that talked about how Omaha averaged a shooting a day for 60 days or something along those lines last summer. So we went to Colorado Springs instead.
          Come on.. Omaha or Colorado Springs?

That's like choosing between a piece of broccoli and a warm, gooey slice of apple pie for dessert..

I can't believe you'd even consider Omaha, Nebraska for a weekend getaway. :roll:
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle
            Originally posted by ShockCity

Sad.

Remind me not to wear any Shocker gear the next time I go to get my teeth cleaned. That could hurt.
            haha I made that mistake once.

But it went well

Comment

Originally posted by Ictjay
              Originally posted by shocker22
              Whats at the old market?

What "old town" aspires to be. Bar's, restaurants. .
              I don't really see a difference between the two. Not that old town is something spectacular. Please to be explaining specifics as to why old market is head and shoulders above?
              Its established. Great variey of shops, bars, eateries that heve been their for over 30 years. You'll enjoy it.

Comment

Actually, IctJay is right on this one.

In the early stages of Old Town development, planners frequently called on Omaha's Old Market as a model of what they wanted Old Town to become.

Not necessarily because it's better because it was in Omaha, per se, but because it already existed and had been established for some time.

Wichita's Old Town, as we know it today, pretty much didn't begin until Heroes opened in around '91.

Here lately, I think I've heard more OKC Bricktown comparisons than Old Market. Maybe that's just because the average Wichitan is more likely to have been to OKC than Omaha.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                  I know a guy that is a CU alum but is orginally from here lives/works here and has Shocker season tickets.
                  Yes, yes, no (but goes to games) cheers for Shocks with the exception of 2 (or 3) games. Do not wear contrasting hat/shirt

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

Come on.. Omaha or Colorado Springs?

That's like choosing between a piece of broccoli and a warm, gooey slice of apple pie for dessert..

I can't believe you'd even consider Omaha, Nebraska for a weekend getaway. :roll:
                    Sure CS is better but been there plenty of times, same with every other city within a one days drive. Never been to Omaha thought it would be fun for a weekend.

Will make it up there eventually, just decided to avoid the "summer of shootings" lol

Comment

Working...
                    X