Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game @ Creighton

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Game @ Creighton

    Is anyone going to make the trip up to Omaha? Does anyone know where the Shocker fans usually sit?

    Edit: It's Saturday, February 2.

  • #2
    Re: Game @ Creighton

    Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
    Is anyone going to make the trip up to Omaha? Does anyone know where the Shocker fans usually sit?

    Edit: It's Saturday, February 2.
    I'm going and the only seating is in the upper bowl. 3,500 tickets left. Believe they are $12. Stay at the Hilton Garden, 100 yards to the Quest and 200 yards to the Old Market.

    Comment


    • #3
      Whats at the old market?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by shocker22
        Whats at the old market?

        What "old town" aspires to be. Bar's, restaurants. Anybody thats been to the World Series is very familiar with it. Good stuff.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks!! I didnt know if there was a group that goes up together to see the game. My wife and I are going up this year, she has some friends in Lincoln and they are going to come up as well.

          Comment


          • #6
            Edit: It's Saturday, February 2.
            Thanks for pointing that out. Really.

            I was taking a class in maybe '98 and there was a game starting shortly after my class got out on Feb 2. I called my wife from campus and told her I was going to the game and would be home late.

            Feb 2 is my wife's birthday.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

            Comment


            • #7
              And you're still alive to talk about it!

              You must be a smooth operator!

              Comment


              • #8
                Last year at the game I saw the strangest thing I'd ever seen.

                About two rows behind me in the lower bowl, some guy who I've never seen in those seats before (or since) came to the game with a Creighton shirt and Shockers hat (or vice versa, I can't remember right now). Anyway, he cheered really loud for Cooz anytime Cooz had a big play and rooted for Funk anytime Funk had a big play.

                At the half, I tried to tell him it was impossible to root for both teams when they were playing against one another. He just gave me a really confused look.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I've seen a guy at WSU games wearing a WSU shirt and CU hat. I wonder if its the same dude.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've seen a guy at WSU games wearing a WSU shirt and CU hat. I wonder if its the same dude.
                    There's a registered user "IctJay" on here; think this is your person.

                    Pretty brave to wear both IMO. Or insert another word you choose.

                    :roll:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      That's a one of a kind. Got to be the same guy.
                      In the fast lane

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
                        Last year at the game I saw the strangest thing I'd ever seen.

                        About two rows behind me in the lower bowl, some guy who I've never seen in those seats before (or since) came to the game with a Creighton shirt and Shockers hat (or vice versa, I can't remember right now). Anyway, he cheered really loud for Cooz anytime Cooz had a big play and rooted for Funk anytime Funk had a big play.

                        At the half, I tried to tell him it was impossible to root for both teams when they were playing against one another. He just gave me a really confused look.
                        Anybody wearing a Cu shirt and WSU hat should have a confused look on his face. If it is ICTJay I'd be surprised as I am fairly certain that guy has little good to say about the Shocks. Pick a side folks......Its like guys that are Florida Gator, Colts and Spurs fans all at the same time. Just looking to bandwagon the winner so they don't look dissappointed.

                        Sad.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I know a guy that is a CU alum but is orginally from here lives/works here and has Shocker season tickets.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ictjay
                            Originally posted by shocker22
                            Whats at the old market?

                            What "old town" aspires to be. Bar's, restaurants. .
                            I don't really see a difference between the two. Not that old town is something spectacular. Please to be explaining specifics as to why old market is head and shoulders above?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I thought Old Market was better. Maybe because it was bigger, cleaner, and had more people around. But I could have been confused. I also liked where it was located in Omaha in relation to where Old Town is located in Wichita.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X