• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shockwaves with some more on Wessel

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
      Shockwaves with some more on Wessel

http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/
      His grandfather was 6'9" and his grandmother appeared to be 6'4". I have no clue about the size of his parents or maternal grandparents, but offer this information as a thought perhaps he still has sinificant growth ahead.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

If Perry is a one and done player, all indications point that way. Then Wichita is the best place for him. This is his home town, all his family and freinds are here. The comfort levell couldn't be close anywhere else (except maybe KU or KSU).

What connection does KSU have with Beasley now? What connection does Beasley have with KSU now?

One year at a university that you have no real connection to, will not leave very many memories with you.

However, a university that is not far from your home and you have been following as you grow up, and a community that has followed your career, just might be a very comfortable place for a young man who is about to embark on a big time pro career.

Just my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by shocklight
          If Perry is a one and done player, all indications point that way. Then Wichita is the best place for him. This is his home town, all his family and freinds are here. The comfort levell couldn't be close anywhere else (except maybe KU or KSU).

What connection does KSU have with Beasley now? What connection does Beasley have with KSU now?

One year at a university that you have no real connection to, will not leave very many memories with you.

However, a university that is not far from your home and you have been following as you grow up, and a community that has followed your career, just might be a very comfortable place for a young man who is about to embark on a big time pro career.

Just my humble opinion.
          If you are a one-and-done, you're best served to go to the place that will get you on TV the most often. Unfortunately, WSU is not that place.

Comment

Here's a pretty funny thread:

Comment

Originally posted by tw805
              Eet conferms my suspishen thet kay ewe fans r egnorent.

Comment

Just my humble opinion.
                If you are a one-and-done, you're best served to go to the place that will get you on TV the most often. Unfortunately, WSU is not that place.
                I think a one-and-done player could play in coyote nowhere BFE and it wouldn't make a difference. If the Shox are a ranked top 25 team by the time Ellis plays, they will be on TV countless of times simply to show the Phenom Freshman.

Comment

I am curiuos about Evan Wessel....The newspaper did not list any other schools offering him a scholarship...Does anyone have any info on whether he is a legit D-1 prospect....Is he so close to Ellis that offering him enhances our chances of getting Perry?...He is older so we could end up with Wessel but without Perry ...Is that a good thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas

Just my humble opinion.
                    I think a one-and-done player could play in coyote nowhere BFE and it wouldn't make a difference. If the Shox are a ranked top 25 team by the time Ellis plays, they will be on TV countless of times simply to show the Phenom Freshman.
                    :good: :good: :good: :good:

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas

Just my humble opinion.
                      Fair enough. I guess that was the case with Beasely. I don't remember KSU ever being on TV before his days. I just think you run at a high risk when you start taking these guys that only stay a year. I will take continuity over how many stars Rivals thinks you should have. Let the cheating bastards at KU have them and give all their dads coaching jobs. Who needs the headache.

Comment

I think the people who say Ellis would play anywhere because NBA scouts find talent and if Perry chooses WSU then he will still be a top 10 pick.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by Overtime
                          I am curiuos about Evan Wessel....The newspaper did not list any other schools offering him a scholarship...Does anyone have any info on whether he is a legit D-1 prospect....Is he so close to Ellis that offering him enhances our chances of getting Perry?...He is older so we could end up with Wessel but without Perry ...Is that a good thing?
                          As the Lone Ranger used to say, "Whoa, big fellow."
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Fair enough. I guess that was the case with Beasely. I don't remember KSU ever being on TV before his days. I just think you run at a high risk when you start taking these guys that only stay a year. I will take continuity over how many stars Rivals thinks you should have. Let the cheating bastards at KU have them and give all their dads coaching jobs. Who needs the headache.
                            I think you are reading into this too much. In my opinion, you recruit the best players that you can, no matter what. You can't predict what will happen in the future. You have guys like Beasley who jump for the pros after one year, and then you have Blake Griffin who sticks around for a little extra time. He could have jumped to the NBA early as well. Different guys will make different decisions, and trying to speculate on what Perry will choose is pointless.

What we do know is he is a special kid with special talent. And if he chooses WSU, he can be here for 4 months or 4 years, and I will be perfectly fine with it. But writing him off just because he "might" leave for the NBA early (no matter how plausible) is laughable.

Personally, as much as we rag on KU, I would love to have their "headache," because that also means we would have a program that can compete for national titles. Marshall recruits like he can get anyone to come to WSU, and I like that a lot. Who knows, in a few years we may be the ones making deep runs in the tourney.
                            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I like the way Steeleshocker thinks!!!!!!!! :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by Overtime
                                There's more information in the Recruiting forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X