Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall offers 2 scholarships

Link provided by Shockwaves blog

Wichita State made scholarship offers to Heights sophomore Perry Ellis and junior Evan Wessel today, Heights coach Joe Auer said.

Ellis has also been offered by Kansas, Memphis, Kentucky and Oklahoma.

I think we all know about Perry, great kid and great family.

Who knows Evan?

What's his game like?
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

I know we have a snowballs chance in hell of landing Ellis, but it's like the lottery right? You can't win if you don't play.

Comment

Well, wherever Ellis ends up, he'll probably only be there one year. Why not spend that year at WSU close to home? Granted, the chances of a national championship are slim, but they're slim no matter where he goes. Just look at Blake Griffin and Michael Beasley.

The odds may be against us, but don't count us out. A lot can happen in a couple years.

Comment

The odds were against us with Maurice Evans as well. Since I'm on my KU rant these days, anyone else remember when Roy Williams implicitly accused us of cheating after that? "How does a program like WSU land a kid like that? It just doesn't happen."

Comment

Maurice was a huge WSU fan. I don't know if Perry is. I mean, Maurice was a ball boy for cryin' out loud. With that said, I know he's been to Koch Arena, seen the crowd, the facilities, etc. If he did come, his Freshman season would be the senior season for Kenny M, Jerome Hamilton, etc.

Not a bad line up--at least on paper! We just need some additional forwards to fill out the lineup that year, which of course will happen.

At least we know if he doesn't choose us, he's made an informed decision as far as we are concerned.

C'mon Perry. Give us a chance. He's gotta know we've got the greatest fans in college basketball!

:posterwsu: :goshocks: :wsu_posters: :yahoo:

Comment

Wessel has a decent offensive game but REALLY needs to improve his D. He could end up being a decent player. If he gives us a better chance at Perry than he'd be worth it no matter what.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Anyone remeber Antoine Carr. Said he would never attend WSU

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
                  Maurice was a huge WSU fan. I don't know if Perry is. I mean, Maurice was a ball boy for cryin' out loud. With that said, I know he's been to Koch Arena, seen the crowd, the facilities, etc. If he did come, his Freshman season would be the senior season for Kenny M, Jerome Hamilton, etc.

Not a bad line up--at least on paper! We just need some additional forwards to fill out the lineup that year, which of course will happen.

At least we know if he doesn't choose us, he's made an informed decision as far as we are concerned.

C'mon Perry. Give us a chance. He's gotta know we've got the greatest fans in college basketball!

So send Ellis a towel and a parking pass and let's get this thing moving. If he goes to KU I'm going to vomit.

Comment

I don't have the slightest reason why, but I have a very good feeling that this is going to come to fruition. At least two years and maybe three or four if a national championship looks promising.

Comment

I have the same feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
                        I don't have the slightest reason why, but I have a very good feeling that this is going to come to fruition. At least two years and maybe three or four if a national championship looks promising.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I will gladly take a drink. In the name of three players with many years in the NBA each C, L and M, Ellis will be a Shocker and the whole country will focus on Wichita.

Comment

the koolaid is the wrong color

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25

If my math is correct EO would be a senior also when Perry is a frosh. :yahoo:
                              Now thats what I'm talkin bout.
                              "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                              which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Working...
                              X