five year goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• five year goals

Assuming that the world has not ended by that time, when you look back in 2012 at the previous five years of Shocker hoops, what would you like to see (realistically...okay perhaps a little "hopefully")?

I'm just curious.

the 2012 thing is stupid.....remember Y2K?

Comment

- Two or three 20-win seasons
      - Two MVC championships (either regular season OR tournament)
      - Three NCAA trips, two NITs
      - Another visit to the Sweet16 or beyond

Comment

MVC - I'd like to see at least a total of 3 regular season or tourney championships or a combination of the 2.

NCAA - At least 3 appearances in the field of 65 with a total of 3 wins.

Overall - I'd like four 20+ win seasons and two 25+ win seasons.

Comment

I'd like to keep our current coach through the duration of the next five years.

Comment

Getting to the NCAA tourney every year is difficult, but I don't want to look back and say "well, at least we made it to the tournament every year even if we never won a game."

SIU fans are getting picked on for comments they've made in regards to trying to get to the Final Four or something in X number of years (over on VT.) Well, if you don't dream big, you won't be disappointed. SIU is proud to have made the Tourney every year for the last X number of years, but I would think even they have gotten a little tired of always making the dance and getting to come home after the first song has played.

With that in mind, I want to consistently beat teams in the Valley - ALL of them. That includes SIU and Creighton, something that Turgeon couldn't accomplish. If we are beating those two and every one else as a favorite in the Valley, everything else (including NCAA Tourney wins) will take care of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker
              With that in mind, I want to consistently beat teams in the Valley - ALL of them. That includes SIU and Creighton, something that Turgeon couldn't accomplish. If we are beating those two and every one else as a favorite in the Valley, everything else (including NCAA Tourney wins) will take care of itself.
              Word
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Actually, Creighton is the one-and-done team from the MVC. SIU has two S16s and one or two round-of-32 appearences.

Comment

1. Keep the current head coach.

2. Be dominating the Valley.

3. Have made it to the sweet 16 or better two times or more.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

I just hope we don't draw the Mayans as a first round game in 2012.

Comment

Perhaps we are holding out on 2012 as our "exit strategy" for Iraq?

I see 4 NCAA appearances and one NIT.
                      Unleash Brett Burley, let all tremble before him!!!

Comment

It is amazing that in the last 20 seasons we are 1-40 in Valley Championships and yet fans will expect 2-5 out of the next 10.......

Not that I am any different mind you.

Over the next 5 years I EXPECT the following in order of preference:

1)That the program maintain the commitment to recruiting quality student athletes and that these athletes represent the University and city with grace and honor and stay out of trouble.

2)I expect a 90% graduation rate (or higher) from the kids that are here 4-5 years if they choose to stay here. If they want to leave, I don't want to count them against us but if they want to stay and we force them out then I damned sure count that against us.

3)I expect ZERO losing records, including this year.

4)I expect to be closing in on 100 consecutive sellouts and I expect the Shocker Marketplace to be the hottest on line ticket clearing house in a 5 state area.

Over the next five years I would like to see the following what I deem reasonable goals met in order of preference:

1)I would like to see at least a combination of 3 titles. Any less than 2 would be dissappointing.

2)I would like to be in the post season every year except this one. Not saying this one is out of the question (it is NOT) but I am realistic.

3)I would like to have the same head coach and AD that I currently have now.

4)I would like to win a least 2 NCAA tourney games. O'fer would be a failure imho.

5)I would like to win 20 games every year. This year will be tough but beyond that less than 20 will be looked at as less than successful imho.

6)If we are in the NIT I expect to play at home and win gamesssssss.

Comment

I would like five National Championships in the next five year. :lol: I would be happy to make the NCAA tourney 5 times and win at least half of our NCAA tourney games during that time. :D

If SIU can do it, why can't we? To punctuate that thought, Bardo pointed to a new banner in the rafters. The banner states that since 2001, SIU is one of 12 teams to make six trips to the NCAA tournament, has the eighth most wins (155) and has the best home record (79-3). http://www.thesouthern.com/articles/...p/21815079.txt
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

There's no reason we can't do what SIU has done. Only I'd like to see it a be a little better.

Comment

A Final Four
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X