Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boyshocker
    Who is this Turgeon guy?!!
    Seems to me the only reason we didnt have more "athletes" here at wsu in turgs time is because he was obsessed with bringing in so called "skilled" players rather than athletes. Its nto that wsu couldnt get athletes its that turg didnt try for athletes very often choosing typically to go for skilled players cus he didnt have the ability to develop athletes. The athletes we did bring in he sure didnt have a good track record of developing. How you can expect to develop talent when they arent even allowed to see you or come into your office is beyond me. i know a lot of coaches go about things that way but its beyond me as to why you would want to keep your players at a distance. But What do I know... I sure as hell wouldnt want to play for a coach like that. I'm not trying to trash turgeon here im just stating how this seems to me. I'm thankful for turgeons time here and what he accomplished so dont rip me for ripping turg. Just teling you how things look from over here. it will be interesting to see how things unfold over the years at A&M with turg at the helm. Ca he continue to recruit as well as Billy G? Can he develop players and athletes like Billy G? Or are things going to slowly trickle backwords? Lets see if hes as rigid with his system with these so called "athletes" that he couldnt get at wsu as he was while at wsu. I guess the thing is i never cared for his attitude. The "we cant do this or that cus this is wsu" attitude. The only reason is because he wasnt committed to making it happen. Guy really did have a piss poor attitude more than he should have. Awful body language and a bit to much of the whiney roy boy syndrome at times. His body language last year was an atrocity and embarrassing as a fan. Its easy to see how the team never got back on track. I've never seen anything like that from a coach. Sitting with your face buried in your hands not even watching the damn game. let alone coaching his ass off which is what he should have been doing. Seemed to me he threw in the towel cus it was a lot easier than stepping up his effort as a coach or teacher and motivator. I mean damn turg show some damn pride and dignity. Ive never been so embarrassed as a fan. I doubt i ever will again. And i wasnt embarrassed about the team or the players or the collapse. But watching him remove himself from the game and bury his face for 10 minutes at a time during the game is inexcuseable. You get paid 750k to deal with this so suck it up and coach. Glad we wasted 750k so he could bury his face... K I've got to stop cus im getting all pissed thinking about it again. Im sure you couldnt tell.

Comment

So Denzel Bowles is now bigger and more athletic because he went to A&M.

Comment

Wow, T7017s, tell us how you really feel.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
          Wow, T7017s, tell us how you really feel.
          I know right. im trying to reel myself back in...

Comment

Who recruited Ramon Clemente?

Comment

Trying to recall the players Turgeon recruited and landed (at least a verbal commitment) that I would call "athletic", meaning at least as athletic as the average player at their position.

Jamar Howard
              Jamie Sowers
              Calvin Walls
              Fridge Holman (maybe a stretch for a PG)
              PJ Couisnard
              Arbry Butler
              Denzel Bowles

I don't count D-1 transfers (Karon) since the process is very different.

Unless I'm missing someone, that's a grand total of three "athletic" players who actually committed, arrived and finished their time at WSU under Turgeon's 7-year watch.

Comment

Originally posted by mulligan
                So Denzel Bowles is now bigger and more athletic because he went to A&M.
                Absolutely if you believe the recruiting services. He instantly went from 2 to 4 stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                  a 5-star, Top 10 nationally ranked player will NEVER choose WSU over Kentucky
                  WSU will certainly be behind Kentucky in recruiting but Never is a pretty big blanket statement. There can be special circumstances that may allow WSU to draw the higher prospects. The most common of course is a local player wanting to stay close to home. Another would be the son of an alumnus.

Comment

This isn't something to get worked up about. MT does have better athletes than WSU... that's a fact. Better athletes don't always equal more W's. You also have smarts, coaching, luck.. the list goes on. Usually better athletes equal better teams but not always.

I have stopped worrying about MT since the day he decided to leave. I was never a huge MT fan myself and really was not a big fan of how he coached the game. My guess is he fails at A&M due to the fact the guy doesn't handle pressure well. That's all I will say.

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiah
                      Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                      a 5-star, Top 10 nationally ranked player will NEVER choose WSU over Kentucky
                      WSU will certainly be behind Kentucky in recruiting but Never is a pretty big blanket statement. There can be special circumstances that may allow WSU to draw the higher prospects. The most common of course is a local player wanting to stay close to home. Another would be the son of an alumnus.
                      I guess Mo Evans never came to WSU then huh? 95% of the time yes but not never.

Comment

I believe Maurice Evans was considered by most a top 25 recruit, definitely not a top 10 consensus. Not to say that possibly a site didnt have him up there. And while I could be wrong, i didnt think it came down to WSU vs. Kentucky.

Comment

Originally posted by wxkid23
                          I was never a huge MT fan myself and really was not a big fan of how he coached the game.
                          Then let's just give back the Sweet Sixteen and Valley Championship.

Comment

Turg on inheriting the schedule that Billy put together for him at A&M...

"Billy must have known he was leaving," Turgeon said. "They didn't play anyone for three years, and now this."
                            ...from rivals.com

Comment

Evans was not a Turgeon recruit, nor did Turgeon ever recruit anyone like him. Evans choice came down to staying at home. Not over a Kentucky vs. WSU thing.

WSU could land some of those players some day, just probably not now. WSU landed X Man, Toine, Cliff and many others back in the 80's over many prestigious programs. It can be done, and hopefully will be done again.

Turgeon is going to have the same problems at AtM as he did here. He won't last long at a bigger school with those type of problems either. They won't stand for losing in the Big 12 now. There football program is down and they will take their frustrations out on the basketball program later.

Comment

Best of luck to Mark and his family. We are so much better off now than when he arrived.

Wishing even more luck to Greg Marshall and his family.

Comment

Working...
                                X