Koch Arena sound system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koch Arena sound system

Over the past year the system has been upgraded at least twice. There were new speakers last night under the scoreboard, and you know what? The sound still is terrible. I believe it is the mike Dancin' Don Hall wears on his head that is the culprit. Take it off, Don! Go back to your big michrophone. We have a state of the art facility with crappy sound.

Are you listening Jim Schaus? :posterwu:

Yeah, no joke... Honestly, I understood maybe ten words coming out of those speakers all night.

Comment

Rename the thread: Koch Arena Noise System
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

With the noise we all like to hear at Koch is also why we can't have a decent sound system. The acoustics of Koch will never allow for good sound. If you fix the sound problem, you will break the noise level of Koch.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick O'Dell
          ... The sound still is terrible. I believe it is the mike Dancin' Don Hall wears on his head that is the culprit. Take it off, Don! Go back to your big michrophone. We have a state of the art facility with crappy sound.
          The mic might be poor, but I couldn't understand anything Ramon Clemente was saying on his Cribs video, and that didn't involve the mic.

I couldn't understand most of what Greg "the hit man" Williams said either - different mic.

Originally posted by lemuel777
          With the noise we all like to hear at Koch is also why we can't have a decent sound system. The acoustics of Koch will never allow for good sound. If you fix the sound problem, you will break the noise level of Koch.
          You're wrong about this. PA sound can be engineered to properly match virtually ANY space.

As bad as it was last night, they might as well turn it off and save electricity. Last night I was sitting in Sec 104 about 10 rows up - my normal seats are in sec 121 row 17. Although not great, it seemed last year like we could at least understand the words. Has something changed?

--'85
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
            Originally posted by Patrick O'Dell
            ... The sound still is terrible. I believe it is the mike Dancin' Don Hall wears on his head that is the culprit. Take it off, Don! Go back to your big michrophone. We have a state of the art facility with crappy sound.
            The mic might be poor, but I couldn't understand anything Ramon Clemente was saying on his Cribs video, and that didn't involve the mic.

I couldn't understand most of what Greg "the hit man" Williams said either - different mic.
            You werent missing much. Most of what comes out his mouth is borderline garbage anyways

Comment

The "Shocker Cribs" spots probably would have been a lot better if you could actually understand what they were saying!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
                Originally posted by lemuel777
                You're wrong about this. PA sound can be engineered to properly match virtually ANY space.

As bad as it was last night, they might as well turn it off and save electricity. Last night I was sitting in Sec 104 about 10 rows up - my normal seats are in sec 121 row 17. Although not great, it seemed last year like we could at least understand the words. Has something changed?

--'85
                Not sure if anything has changed, but sound is going to bounce all over the place in Koch. I've been to concerts in Koch with their own sound system coming from the front of the stage and it sounded fine up front but get into the stands and you run into the same problem.

WSU has plenty of engineers that should be able to come up with a solution. :)

Comment

The Hit Man's problem is that he does not articulate his words. The guy sounds like he is speaking with marbles in his mouth.

I assumed the Cribs problem was that the source of the audio was not very clear in the first place.

I didn't have a problem hearing Hall, but Haertl and Dennis were not clear. It may have been that they are not used to speaking in that type of setting. I heard Marshall fairly well.

It was very inconsistent from a sound standpoint. Frustrating.
                  Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

I sent a link to this topic to AD Schaus. I have no idea, if he will click on it and read the comments.

I hope he does.

I sit on the corner in row 8 and I swear I cannot understand most of the announcements. Neither can Señora Del Rio.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
                      The Hit Man's problem is that he does not articulate his words. The guy sounds like he is speaking with marbles in his mouth.

I assumed the Cribs problem was that the source of the audio was not very clear in the first place.

I didn't have a problem hearing Hall, but Haertl and Dennis were not clear. It may have been that they are not used to speaking in that type of setting. I heard Marshall fairly well.

It was very inconsistent from a sound standpoint. Frustrating.
                      I must be completely deaf... when did Haertl speak? :whistle:
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I can't understand speech on the PA either. The "Cribs" videos from Shocker Madness were unusually bad, but I rarely understand more then 50% of the words.

I always thought it was my poor hearing and row 28 seats.

Comment

As I posted above, I sent a url to AD Schaus for this thread.

I just received a reply as follows:

[color]Thanks for sharing. We agree that some adjustments are needed. The speakers are very good We will be focusing on how we have to adjust when you have different audio sources--PA, music, video, etc. Key is to adjust mixer and mics properly to the situation. We are working on it. Thanks again for your concerns--how our fans feel always matters tremendously.
                          Jim
                          [/b]

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                            As I posted above, I sent a url to AD Schaus for this thread.

I just received a reply as follows:

[color]Thanks for sharing. We agree that some adjustments are needed. The speakers are very good We will be focusing on how we have to adjust when you have different audio sources--PA, music, video, etc. Key is to adjust mixer and mics properly to the situation. We are working on it. Thanks again for your concerns--how our fans feel always matters tremendously.
                            Jim
                            [/b]
                            Is there any doubt that we have one of the best AD's in the country? :good:
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Thanks, RDR. Helps to send the info where something can be done about it.

:good:

Comment

Working...
                              X