No announcement yet.

Koch Arena sound system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks RDR I hope they figure it out, soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
      As I posted above, I sent a url to AD Schaus for this thread.

I just received a reply as follows:

[color]Thanks for sharing. We agree that some adjustments are needed. The speakers are very good We will be focusing on how we have to adjust when you have different audio sources--PA, music, video, etc. Key is to adjust mixer and mics properly to the situation. We are working on it. Thanks again for your concerns--how our fans feel always matters tremendously.
      Jim
      [/b]
      RDR -
      Would you please send a post the ADJS and ask him if we could please get some good souvenir plastic SHOCKER collectable cups with our drinks at the games like you can get at any other collegiate sporting event in the country!

Comment

Originally posted by Shock-Til-U-Drop

[color]Thanks for sharing. We agree that some adjustments are needed. The speakers are very good We will be focusing on how we have to adjust when you have different audio sources--PA, music, video, etc. Key is to adjust mixer and mics properly to the situation. We are working on it. Thanks again for your concerns--how our fans feel always matters tremendously.
        Jim
        [/b]
        RDR -
        Would you please send a post the ADJS and ask him if we could please get some good souvenir plastic SHOCKER collectable cups with our drinks at the games like you can get at any other collegiate sporting event in the country!
        I second that motion. My old souvenir cups from the 80's are looking a little used. :(
        "Everyone has their own level of comfort, I elected to stay. I sleep well, love where I am, and have a great level of support."
        --Head Coach Gregg Marshall

Comment

It would sound so much better with a new PA announcer. Maybe im in the minority but Don Hall is a poor PA announcer IMO. We could do so much better with someone with some emotion that could really get the crowd going.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockair

Jim
            [/b]
            RDR -
            I second that motion. My old souvenir cups from the 80's are looking a little used. :(
            We had a thread recently about suggested improvements to the athletic programs. I cannot remember the name of the thread or the occasion.

I sent a url for the thread to AD Schaus. He did not respond.

I remember that my suggestion was to make larger the sportsware store at Eck Stadium. It is a nightmare to go in there, during games. It is so small and crowded with fans. It is almost impossible to move around to look at merchandise.

Comment

Jim
              [/b]
              RDR -
              You can do it here... let it rip! :yahoo:

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Maybe it was our imagination, but both my wife and I thought the sound system was much better at the Volleyball match tonight and was probably the best it has been all year.

Hopefully, the have the problems addressed.

:good:

Comment

You weren't alone. I realize the acoustics may be different for volleyball with less people there, but it was easier to hear from my seats as well.

If folks don't like Don Hall maybe they can steal some of the guys who have done volleyball, they do a great job keeping the crowd in it in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by TweetieShock
                    You weren't alone. I realize the acoustics may be different for volleyball with less people there, but it was easier to hear from my seats as well.

If folks don't like Don Hall maybe they can steal some of the guys who have done volleyball, they do a great job keeping the crowd in it in my opinion.
                    I don't think the difference was due to the crowd size. If anything, a smaller crowd would probably cause more problems with echoes. The sound at the VB games has not been great this year up till now either. I remember them running Lambo's tips on the videoboards early in the year and I could barely understand what he was saying.

BTW, great job by the young man who sang the anthem tonight.

Comment

I don't really have a problem with Don Hall. Basketball and Volleyball are a lot different as far as the involvement of the PA announcer.

I think Mike Ross, Assistant Director of Media Relations was on the mike tonight and did a good job. I think he is a backup to Ted Woodward who more often then not does the PA work at the VB games.

Comment

Jim Schaus is aware of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                          http://kansas.com/250/story/206046.html

Jim Schaus is aware of the problem.

At last, a public admission that something is afoul.

Comment

Well, one thing they can do is to tell the people NOT to hold the mic to their
                            lips, but 6-7" from their lips, that way it won't sound like your trying to run too much bass through too little speakers, and distort what is being said.

Comment

Working...
                            X