Katz's article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh
    May as well stir up the pot a bit right about here.

The article listed CU, SIU, IllSt, UNI, and WSU as the title contenders. That's half the league, which doesn't really say much.

Let's narrow that down a bit. Does the loss of Woodfox, Dotzler, and Walker - plus some other issues at CU move them out of the top 3 and into tthe 4-5 spot? Is WSU improved enough to move into contention for a top-3 finish?
    Yes and Yes! I guess I should qualify that by saying it depends on who the clock operator is for the WSU/CU games.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
      Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
      Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio

Dotzler also, when left open, nailed his shots. He wasn't looked upon to score, but don't leave him open.
      08-09 Season

FG % - 30.4

3 Pt. % - 13.0

FT % - 79.1
      I'm certainly not making any claims about Dotzler as a scorer, but where did you get your stats?

The stats for 08-09 that I have break down like this:

FG % -- 36-94 -- .383

3 Pt. % -- 8-23 -- .348

FT % -- 26-43 -- .605

http://www.gocreighton.com/fls/1000/...9/teamcume.htm
      I did 10 Hail Marys.

I apologize to the forum. The stats I cited were for the '07-'08 season.

Clearly, Josh made a nice improvement with the '08-'09 over the '07-'08 year.
      While your numbers may have been inaccurate, your implied point was not. Dotzler's shot was so iffy that multiple MVC teams didn't even cover him and invited him to shoot at the end of the season last year. Those wide open shots lead to the better percentage.

Dotzler will certainly be missed. He had a tremendous feel for the offensive system and was the teams best defender. His scoring will not be missed.

Comment

I believe Katz's thoughts were Northern Iowa is the favorite, with CU, Illinois State and WSU also contending and Bradley will not be far behind (not a real title contender).

I don't see Creighton in the top three. If the Shocker have the chemistry I believe they are in the top three and could be in a fight for the title.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
        X