Intrust Bank Arena tour on KSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intrust Bank Arena tour on KSN

If anyone is interested on the interior look of the new Arena, KSN has a video and article up about it.

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Nice! Took my brother in law (from out of town) by the new arena and he remarked that it really looked good but he had heard some disparaging remarks about the "waste of money" going on because "no one was going to use it becase there was NO parking available" from another local relative. I showed him the parking garages (3) within 3 short blocks of the arena and he just did not understand where the other relatives statements were coming from. I told him that most people in Wichita feel that if you can't park by the front door its too far to walk to. I can hardly wait for that sucker to open.

Comment

Sweet!

You're exactly right pogo. Some people in Wichita (notably the CAVE population) think 10 giant parking garages need to be built surrounding the arena in order for it to work... :roll:

Everybody that has downtown arenas has the same parking issues as us. Walk a couple of blocks and forget about it.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by pogo
        Nice! Took my brother in law (from out of town) by the new arena and he remarked that it really looked good but he had heard some disparaging remarks about the "waste of money" going on because "no one was going to use it becase there was NO parking available" from another local relative. I showed him the parking garages (3) within 3 short blocks of the arena and he just did not understand where the other relatives statements were coming from. I told him that most people in Wichita feel that if you can't park by the front door its too far to walk to. I can hardly wait for that sucker to open.
        some people in this city, just love to complain especially when they dont get their way. They prolly voted "no" and are still crying about it.
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
          Sweet!

You're exactly right pogo. Some people in Wichita (notably the CAVE population) think 10 giant parking garages need to be built surrounding the arena in order for it to work... :roll:

Everybody that has downtown arenas has the same parking issues as us. Walk a couple of blocks and forget about it.
          I recall walking many blocks for a concert at the Ford Center in OKC and there isn't that much easy to find parking close to the Quest, at least for an outsider who doesn't know his way around.

You're right. So many people in Wichita would never find anything done in this city worh being happy about. Too much fun to grumble and wish the city would dry up and blow away.

Comment

I know. During Riverfest I walked from Century II to the arena at a fairly brisk pace and it took me 8 minutes to get there. I'm sure if you parked 2-3 blocks closer you could make it under five minutes. I had no problems walking or anything.

Comment

Wrong, wrong, wrong!!! I was and am for the arena, building an arena with no parking is about as stupid as our pres. Someone wanted to spend money with no plan. Thats what happend. We dont want Wichita to blow away but it will if they dont stop building lights at central and mclean. And rebuilding bridges that dont need any repair. This city makes one dumb move after another, Dont make me mad or I will go off! lol :-x
              " If you build it they will come ", Koch Arena

Comment

Originally posted by lilshock
                Wrong, wrong, wrong!!! I was and am for the arena, building an arena with no parking is about as stupid as our pres. Someone wanted to spend money with no plan. Thats what happend. We dont want Wichita to blow away but it will if they dont stop building lights at central and mclean. And rebuilding bridges that dont need any repair. This city makes one dumb move after another, Dont make me mad or I will go off! lol :-x
                i take it, you dont like to walk :roll:
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by lilshock
                  Define No Parking. If the lights at Central and Mclean upset you then the Keeper of the Plains must really get you going.

Comment

First of all, I dont like to walk and second, the lights are in a part of town that tourists dont even see them. Thats like putting them at 31st and broadway. Worthless! At least the indian is on the river for all to see. Dont get me wrong but I think they could have done 99% better! Hopefully I am wrong bigtime, I want it to boom!!!
                    " If you build it they will come ", Koch Arena

Comment

I think there is a very good chance we could get the NCAA tournament here. The only thing that can trip it up is Hotel rooms within walking distance.

Comment

First lilshock, if you think walking a couple blocks here is bad, I challenge you to go to some other similar sized cities and their downtown arenas. It's just a fact.

People complained about driving 20 minutes out to the middle of nowhere to a cowpatty dump. Now, we get a state-of-the-art facility centrally located that's gonna host NCAA games and it's still not good enough. Damned if you do, damned if you don't with some people I swear.. :roll:

And wsushox, I thought I heard about Mr. Hammons from Springfield talking about building one of his Embassy Suites attached or close to the arena. What happened with that?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You should see how far people walk to new
                          Busch in St Louis or Sprint Center in KC.
                          farther.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse
                            You should see how far people walk to new
                            Busch in St Louis or Sprint Center in KC.
                            farther.
                            Or Minute Maid in Houston.
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

...or the MVC tournament in the Lou. We very easily walk 10-15 blocks at times when attending the event. How far is it from the Arch to the ball games?

Comment

Working...
                              X