Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL stop talking about Mark Turgeon Post....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL stop talking about Mark Turgeon Post....

The Mark Turgeon era.... is over... He took us to the postseason ( the real one) once. And then left us bare...

He is no longer a shocker.

Chances are he will never play us with his big money school.

So this is the official petition to officially stop talking about Mark Turgeon on SN...

Whos in?
    "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

I am. He did his best for us. Because he wanted to go on, he gets denigrated on here, and it is wrong. He helped build our program back up, got us some recognition, and paved the way for us now having Greg Marshall.

Those that maintain the 'Hatfield vs McCoy' attitude have a problem, and should, perhaps, say the Senerity prayer out loud.

Dwelling on the past is never good, lets look forward, and enjoy what we have.

Comment

You don't want to talk about Turgeon, so you start a thread about Turgeon? That's right up there with the billboard that reads: "Acme Soap is so good we don't need to advertise!" If you don't want to talk about Turgeon don't read or post about Turgeon.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Re: OFFICIAL stop talking about Mark Turgeon Post....

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
        The Mark Turgeon era.... is over... He took us to the postseason ( the real one) once. And then left us bare...

He is no longer a shocker.

Chances are he will never play us with his big money school.

So this is the official petition to officially stop talking about Mark Turgeon on SN...

Whos in?
        Petition denied. In fact maybe I'll do a daily Turgeon update to keep you informed on Turgeon activities. :D

He didn't leave WSU bare. WSU has Mekel, Couisnard, Thomasson, Braeuer because of him. Then there are Clemente, Butler and Durley waiting in the wings that we don't quite know about yet but should contribute.

Whatever your feelings about Mark T. - the bottomline is he is now part of WSU history forever. He should be recognized that he pulled the WSU program out of the Abyss.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
          You don't want to talk about Turgeon, so you start a thread about Turgeon? That's right up there with the billboard that reads: "Acme Soap is so good we don't need to advertise!" If you don't want to talk about Turgeon don't read or post about Turgeon.
          Great response. I was thinking along the same lines. How about renaming this thread "Official if you don't want to read about Turgeon, move on to the next thread".

I find many subject lines that do not attract me and when I do, I often move right past them. For the most part, I read threads about our players, coaches and the team. Many others, I simply skim by. I believe anyone else can do the same rather than trying to tell others what they can post and what they cannot.

Reminds me of someone who might try to keep others from enjoying a nice cold beer while relaxing in front of the television.

Comment

I like the Turg. i am also interested in hows hes doing. Sometimes SN is the best source! No signing for me! 8) :wsu_posters:
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Where is the lobby to stop talking about Cohen and Thompson? Banning any topic from a message board is silly.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

then keep talking about texas a and m basketball in the shocker mens basketball forum.

and in response to all the "MT built our program up" BS....

MT did build our program up for a while. Then left us with two players and took the no. 1 recruit to AnM with him. Then fed us lip service about making sure the other recruits come. And for the most part they didnt.... leaving OUR COACH Greg Marshall to say, "I've worked harder than i ever have."

And while the sweet 16 year was fun and all. And it was awesome to be there. My Sweet 16 shirt with all the players and coaches autographs is in the closet...

I sure hope the players Turgeon left behind.... (matt brauer after 3 years, wendell preadom, gal, etc etc....) aren't spending so much time thinking about what coach Turgeon is doing.

If anyone built this program up, it is Jim Schaus.

As for me I don't really care much to hear about what some BCS lovin' trader is doing at his big fancy school with all his money.

I care about Wichita State basketball, what Turgeon is doing at AnM has nothing to do with WSU basketball.

And I didn't start a forum about MT, i started one about people who cant stop talking about MT.

I swear i see just as many MT topics as i do GM topics.

But do as you will.

Go Shox... I said best of luck a long time ago to turgeon on here. and best of luck to him in everything he does. Hes a classy guy. But he's no longer a shocker.

Im very excited about all that shocker basketball will become.

Im excited to see Gal play his game.
                In fact, i was talking to him the other day and he told me he's gonna be able to play his style more and run the court and that he's excited about that.

The passion that ive seen from ramon clemente in talking with him so far has been very refreshing.

And you gotta be excited about Greg Marshalls You will give your best effort mentality, in contrast to Turgeons clap for every lil half a** thing our players do mentality.

and yes i can move to another thread, but ive seen it quite often where Turgeon will just be brought up in the middle of a thread.

And its not a banning, its just a deciding to spend more time talking about the shocker present instead of the shocker past.
                "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
                  If anyone built this program up, it is Jim Schaus.
                  I agree with you about 95% on that. He didn't really recruit the players, but he gave the staff everything they needed to recruit them.

and yes i can move to another thread, but ive seen it quite often where Turgeon will just be brought up in the middle of a thread.
                  I had noticed the same thing as well.[/quote]

Comment

My burr is the on going petty digs or slights of Coach Turgeon. The digs are repetitive and sometimes mean spirited. I fail to understand how they add usefully to the discussion.

Thank God we hired a coach, who is wart immune. And of course, he will play zone on in-bound plays under the basket.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                      And of course, he will play zone on in-bound plays under the basket.
                      That should save about 90% of the complaining right there.

Comment

Ralph Miller left, but we still talk about him. And the greatest coach in WheatShocker history, Gene Johnson, also left, but I still bring him up every now and then, (mostly just to be annoying).

By the way, contrary to popular belief, I do not have a split personality. That RipEmUp is not me.
                        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Turgeon! Turgeon! Turgeon! Turgeon! Turgeon! Turgeon! Turgeon! Turgeon! Turgeon! Turgeon!

I am glad he left us without NCAA violations and a winning team.

Turgeon! Turgeon! Turgeon! Turgeon! Turgeon! Turgeon! Turgeon! Turgeon! Turgeon! Turgeon!

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777

I am glad he left us without NCAA violations and a winning team.

:good:

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

MT did a fantastic job. He will go down in history as great part of WSU athletics. You can nitpick his seven years all you want, but he, with a lot of help from the administration, basically saved WSU basketball from the dumper. Anybody that overlooks that is clueless.

Comment

Working...
                              X