Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
    Originally posted by SubGod22
    I'm just saying I've met a number that haven't been pleasant.

I was more or less without full time work for a while. That and I live for recruiting and just feel the general need to chime in when I get a chance. On top of that I don't sleep well. So I'm up a lot.
    Tell ya what Sub. At the MVC tourney, I'll buy ya a drink and show you that there are some CU fans that aren't unpleasant. Deal?
    Sub doesn't drink, but I will gladly accept his. By the second day I'm tired of drinking beer and mad that my team has gone home, so you'll find me sipping something frou-frou at the bar - Malibu & Pineapple. Make it a double!
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

BOBB is correct. I don't drink. But to be honest, I have met one CU fan that was fairly pleasant. I was officiating the national MAYB tournament a few years ago in El Dorado and had a game off. I say next to the scorers table to try and ensure that things went fairly smoothly there and with the benches. Having a 3rd irritated official that nobody wants to piss off around isn't a bad thing :D The guy doing the clock was fairly nice and we started talking about where the kids were from. As soon as he said Omaha I just looked at him and asked. Sure enough, he was a civil and decent CU fan.

Like they say, there's a exception to every rule.

Also, if we are to run into eachother, I have no problem watching others enjoy a few and then making fun of them the more they drink :D And I'm always up for talking basketball and just about anything else.

I wonder if I'll hit 8000 before Shocker Madness.......
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        BOBB is correct. I don't drink. But to be honest, I have met one CU fan that was fairly pleasant. I was officiating the national MAYB tournament a few years ago in El Dorado and had a game off. I say next to the scorers table to try and ensure that things went fairly smoothly there and with the benches. Having a 3rd irritated official that nobody wants to piss off around isn't a bad thing :D The guy doing the clock was fairly nice and we started talking about where the kids were from. As soon as he said Omaha I just looked at him and asked. Sure enough, he was a civil and decent CU fan.

Like they say, there's a exception to every rule.

Also, if we are to run into eachother, I have no problem watching others enjoy a few and then making fun of them the more they drink :D And I'm always up for talking basketball and just about anything else.

I have officiated those MAYB tourneys, i can tell you they are fun arent they?
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The day I met this CU fan is the day we gave 8 T's by 12 or 1 on saturday. Like I said, we were 3 officials who by noon didn't put up with much of anything. I think we tossed two coaches, had one follow us into the locker room after the game and throw a ball rack at us because we obviously made his team suck and get beat by making bad passes and having poor shot selection.

But I usually enjoy it. It's different because some coaches don't understand what they can and can't do. But I enjoy being out there and being a part of the game and seeing the youngsters compete. Basketball is GREAT
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Being a man of few words myself---I sure hope so. If not, this will be a fun enough Season that we all will be rappin up a storm on SN and the 8000 will be here before we know it.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan

Being a man of few words myself---I sure hope so. If not, this will be a fun enough Season that we all will be rappin up a storm on SN and the 8000 will be here before we know it.
              One.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Two.
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Too Much Trouble.

"You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while." :D :lol:

Comment

That's a big 10-4 Boss Man. :D
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                    X