No announcement yet.

WSU IS A PROGRAM ON THE RISE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On paper, SIU does appear to be the Conference favorites. So far, I have only seen one Publication that did not pick them to win, but rather selected Bradley.

Mullins, Falker, and Shaw are very solid. Carlton Fay at 6'8" could be a sleeper for them with some added inside assistance. When SIU did struggle last year, it did seem to be offensively. Tatum and Young were players that could put the ball in the hoop that are now gone. Those two also played solid defense and I am glad they graduated.

Creighton had quite a recruiting year and Altman just knows how to coach and win. Crouch and Ruffin are tough guards for Bradley. I keep wondering when Hinson for Mo State will be on the hot seat once too many times.

So far, I guess the new players at WSU have not caught the eye of the experts to the tune I think they will as the Season develops. Mr. Clemente and Mantas Griskenas are going to make some waves for us.

Defense wins Championships. This I do believe. WSU will end up with a better record then last year and finish stronger then last year. Now that is a Program on the rise. We need to give this team ample time to come together. However, Coach Marshal is used to winning and he will utilize our added depth and improved defense to a higher level as he moves those X's and O's.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

As you guys know, we're not much offensively.
      So, as long as we can continue to play defense the way we have we'll be all right.

Comment

MSN-Saluki-----Last year, I watched your team play Indiana.( I think it was Indiana) Now the first half was gruesome, but your team looked like they had a great shot to win. The second half was down right ugly. and in that game, Offense was indeed lacking for SIU. However, your team has nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to Coaching and Defense. Soon, our Defense will be better as well and I am hoping it results in some additional W's.

As I watched the Big Dance last year, something really jumped out at me. The Defense at the Dance last year was awesome, maybe the best I can remember. FSF is so very Offense minded, but it was the importance of Defense last year that caught my eye. Your team last year was one of the best in the Country Defensively.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
          MSN-Saluki-----Last year, I watched your team play Indiana.( I think it was Indiana) Now the first half was gruesome, but your team looked like they had a great shot to win. The second half was down right ugly. and in that game, Offense was indeed lacking for SIU. However, your team has nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to Coaching and Defense. Soon, our Defense will be better as well and I am hoping it results in some additional W's.

As I watched the Big Dance last year, something really jumped out at me. The Defense at the Dance last year was awesome, maybe the best I can remember. FSF is so very Offense minded, but it was the importance of Defense last year that caught my eye. Your team last year was one of the best in the Country Defensively.
          I know not all of your comrades share that same opinion (COLD? where is my friend?) but I think we had to establish our identity the past few years with defense because we simply didn't have great offensive talent on hand. Hopefully, our success is changing that and we can recruit a guy or two who can score.

To get past the Sweet 16 - and I think SIU can do it and Wichita State can do it, too - you have to be good at both ends of the court. Hopefully we're both getting there.

I know Winthrop was fun to watch the past couple of years. If Marshall can bring that same style to Wichita, you guys are gonna have a lot of fun.

Comment

We're already having fun. And it's only going to get better.

One thing that hurts the perception of SIU has been the lack of offense. You guys get a lot of crap from fans for ugly basketball, but it wouldn't be that way if the offense came together some. I love aggressive D, just not sure I'd like it at the expense of the offense. I hope that's where our teams are different. :D

I want to dislike SIU so bad, but I've yet to meet one, in person, that I couldn't like. Last year we had a few sitting behind us and they were great. CU fans on the other hand.......
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

My feeling about SIU's defense is mixed. On the one hand, they have some of the best rotation I have ever seen. On the other hand, they tend to hack and grab like crazy.

I have seen games where the officials kept the grabbing in check, and SIU's defense was still really good because of the rotation. I just wish that the would be forced to play that way all the time, because then I would have nothing but respect for that D.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                CU fans on the other hand.......

Comment

Originally posted by MSNSaluki
                  To get past the Sweet 16 - and I think SIU can do it and Wichita State can do it, too - you have to be good at both ends of the court. Hopefully we're both getting there.

I know Winthrop was fun to watch the past couple of years. If Marshall can bring that same style to Wichita, you guys are gonna have a lot of fun.
                  MSNSal: Thanks for your vote of confidence. I hope SIU has a great season (except against the Shocks, of course). :yes:
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

SubGod22
                    WuShock Head Coach

Where do you find time for a life??? Posts: 7827 :shock: :shock: :shock:

"CU fans on the other hand......." :lol: :lol: Some CU fans are OK. DoubleDribbleJayAlum ( ;-) ) is OK. :D
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I'm just saying I've met a number that haven't been pleasant.

I was more or less without full time work for a while. That and I live for recruiting and just feel the general need to chime in when I get a chance. On top of that I don't sleep well. So I'm up a lot.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Has this been noted on SN?

Basketball Tip-off Luncheon Moved to Preferred Health Systems Multi-Purpose Center
                        Courtesy: Wichita State
                        Release: 10/10/2007

Send this article to a friend Print

WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita State University Yellow Book basketball tip-off luncheon, set for Tuesday, October 23, has been moved from the Charles Koch Arena floor to the Preferred Health Systems Multi-Purpose Center, the department of athletics announced today.

The event has been moved to provide more seating space to accomodate increased demand for tckets.

Because of the increased seating availability, reservations are still being taken through the Wichita State ticket office at (316) 978-3267.

Comment

Thanks Spangler and my apologies. I intended to post this yesterday but got too busy and it slipped my mind.

978-FANS for tickets if you were shut out earlier!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Well does this wishful futuristic glimpse have a gratifying ring to it for a Program on the rise? "And wearing #11---in the Shocker uniform-- playing small forward---with the black and gold pumping through his veins--Noel-------" Or in the Year 2011---"The #11 Team in the Country--The WSU Shockers advance to the Elite 8----Holy Cow --- the Final 4." If this is not in our near future---we may have to send our very own S.N. guru---AZ Shocker---Back to the Future---to make the needed adjustments!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                              I'm just saying I've met a number that haven't been pleasant.

I was more or less without full time work for a while. That and I live for recruiting and just feel the general need to chime in when I get a chance. On top of that I don't sleep well. So I'm up a lot.
                              Tell ya what Sub. At the MVC tourney, I'll buy ya a drink and show you that there are some CU fans that aren't unpleasant. Deal?

Comment

And hopefully these nice Creighton fans will not to be toting "WSU--- NIT Signs" around because I believe that would be too much for SubGod22 to bear.

Comment

Working...
                                X