Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arch Madness 2008

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Arch Madness 2008

    MVC has updated the Arch Madness website. WSU hotel this year is going to be the Westin. Prices looks to be $299 to $349 per night there - which is outrageous unless their giving some type tournament discount.

    http://www.archmadness.com/?DB_OEM_ID=7600

  • #2
    Re: Arch Madness 2008

    Originally posted by SB Shock
    MVC has updated the Arch Madness website. WSU hotel this year is going to be the Westin. Prices looks to be $299 to $349 per night there - which is outrageous unless their giving some type tournament discount.

    http://www.archmadness.com/?DB_OEM_ID=7600[/url]
    I'm sure there'll be some discount, but not enough to make it reasonable. That's way too high of prices for a room. Guess it's time for everyone to book elsewhere.

    Comment


    • #3
      I checked prices for the Drury Inn - $140 to $150 a night.

      Comment


      • #4
        I noticed the Sheraton is not hosting a team. I imagine it will offer a sky high rate.

        Comment


        • #5
          We stayed at an almost new Holiday Inn Express last year for about $75 a night. It is located at 2625 LAFAYETTE and is less than 5 minute drive away from the arena. We had a quiet, clean room, complete wth breakfast.

          Comment


          • #6
            Price gouging, anyone?

            I haven't been to Arch Madness in a couple years, but prices have already skyrocketed. Obviously, they know how high in demand the rooms are now, so of course they bump it up to whatever they want. The Holiday Inn, Motel 6, Days Inn, etc. could all bump their rates to $200 a night during that weekend and still get takers.

            The growth of the tournaments has its pluses... and minuses..
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.
            ________________
            "Enjoy the ride."

            - a smart man

            Comment


            • #7
              Bradley - Rennaiassance (Marriot) [$169-199 per night]
              Creighton - Adams Mark [$219 per night]
              Drake - Omni [$169 per night]
              Evansville - Hilton at Ball Park [$209-229 per night]
              Illinois St. - Hilton at Downtown [$139-$200 - No rooms available]
              Indiana St - Crown Plaza [$129-259 per night ]
              MSU - Hyatt Regency at Union Station [$149-219 per night]
              UNI - Roberts Mayfield [$99-119 per night]
              SIU - Hilton at Ball Park [$209-229 per night]
              WSU - Westin [$299-349 per night]

              Overall, the Westin is the only one that is totally outrageous.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SB Shock
                Bradley - Rennaiassance (Marriot) [$169-199 per night]
                Creighton - Adams Mark [$219 per night]
                Drake - Omni [$169 per night]
                Evansville - Hilton at Ball Park [$209-229 per night]
                Illinois St. - Hilton at Downtown [$139-$200 - No rooms available]
                Indiana St - Crown Plaza [$129-259 per night ]
                MSU - Hyatt Regency at Union Station [$149-219 per night]
                UNI - Roberts Mayfield [$99-119 per night]
                SIU - Hilton at Ball Park [$209-229 per night]
                WSU - Westin [$299-349 per night]

                Overall, the Westin is the only one that is totally outrageous.
                They realize WSU is the "Class of the Valley" and have priced their services accordingly.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ShockerFever
                  Price gouging, anyone?

                  I haven't been to Arch Madness in a couple years, but prices have already skyrocketed. Obviously, they know how high in demand the rooms are now, so of course they bump it up to whatever they want. The Holiday Inn, Motel 6, Days Inn, etc. could all bump their rates to $200 a night during that weekend and still get takers.

                  The growth of the tournaments has its pluses... and minuses..
                  If St. Louis is going to gouge visitors, take away the business. Maybe KC would like a stab! (Though they might do it, too.)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Since they know WSU travels well, they put them in the most expensive hotel. That's crap. I say boycott the Westin.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                      I noticed the Sheraton is not hosting a team. I imagine it will offer a sky high rate.
                      Sheraton is sold out but this what they said up until the week before last year then they came out with a rate of $300+

                      As for the Westin. There is a non-refundable fan rate for $156/night (otherwise its $279 per). The non-refundable portion is for Friday and Saturday night. Just hope we don't need to play on Thursday.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Maybe I'll just sleep in my car for the weekend.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Downsizing Government - Part of the Cato Institute
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        Cato Institute - A libertarian take on the issues
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        MVCFans Alternative, Where ALL Voices Can Be Heard - Come join the party

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i'll just sleep on the streets.. hey, at least i'd blend in with the locals --- and yes, the shockers are at the most expensive hotel because we travel well and are the class of the valley

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                            I noticed the Sheraton is not hosting a team. I imagine it will offer a sky high rate.
                            In the past this has been the Creighton team hotel. I was told that we were not given the Sheraton this year because the Sheraton has been designated as the "media" hotel. Unfortunately, when I tried to get an explanation on exactly why the media needs so many rooms (the Sheraton is quite large) nobody was able to give a legitimate answer.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RoyalShock
                              Originally posted by ShockerFever
                              Price gouging, anyone?

                              I haven't been to Arch Madness in a couple years, but prices have already skyrocketed. Obviously, they know how high in demand the rooms are now, so of course they bump it up to whatever they want. The Holiday Inn, Motel 6, Days Inn, etc. could all bump their rates to $200 a night during that weekend and still get takers.

                              The growth of the tournaments has its pluses... and minuses..
                              If St. Louis is going to gouge visitors, take away the business. Maybe KC would like a stab! (Though they might do it, too.)
                              I'd rather have KC gouge my $$ than St. Louis.. no doubt!
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.
                              ________________
                              "Enjoy the ride."

                              - a smart man

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X