No announcement yet.

SENIOR NIGHT---MEMORIES OF RAMON AND MANTAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it will be Durley and Blair. Durley is emerging as a leader this year, and Blair's enthusiasm can be seen on the bench every home game. Blair has big shoes to fill next year.

Comment

Ramon will be tough to replace for all of the reasons everyone has already stated.

Mantas--as someone else pointed out, he's a pure example of a never say die attitude. Kids should look to him--who had every reason to quit, but even though it ultimately didn't end up panning out for him physically in terms of being an impact player--it shows that with determination good things do happen. He didn't let life get him down and circumstances beyond his control.

Comment

So many good memories of Ramon on and off the court :poster_ramon:. I love his large personality and humorous side, especially on display in his Shocker Cribs video for the 2007 Shocker Madness.

Let's win one more at home for Mantas and Ramon!
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I sure would like to see Ramon stay around Wichita after he finishes at WSU. He has a personality we don't get much chance to appreciate in this part of the country. I htink he'd be an asset to the community and a good ambassador for WSU.

I hope he leaves enough of an impression on guys like Durley, Blair, Stutx, etc. that they put out "Ramon-like" effort after he has used up his eligibility.

I'm glad Marshall gave Mantas the chance to give D1 basketball a chance. He seems to have skills but his knees, oh those knees ...

--'85.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu
            So many good memories of Ramon on and off the court :poster_ramon:. I love his large personality and humorous side, especially on display in his Shocker Cribs video for the 2007 Shocker Madness.

Ramon is hilarious. Check out some of the videos.

http://twitter.com/RamonClemente www.myspace.com/RamonClemente www.mpace.com/Wildboynation SUBSCRIBE SUBSCRIBE SUBSCRIBE SUBSCRIBE SUBSCRIBE SUBSCRIBE SUBSCRIBE SUBSCRIBE I'm From New York City im 23 years old I attend Wichita State University I am a starter on the Division 1 basketball team these videos I do is just for the love of living I love to let people know whats going on and making them laugh.
            Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by RussDaBus
              Originally posted by MadaboutWu

Ramon is hilarious. Check out some of the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Supastarofny
              My personal favorite is jumping over the skateboard kobe bryant spoof
              That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

From what Coach Marshall said on the Coach's Show this evening, Manta won't be playing in tomorrow night's game. He said Mantas was trying to dunk on Gabe Blair and hurt his foot when he came down. So unless something changes between now and then...

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                  From what Coach Marshall said on the Coach's Show this evening, Manta won't be playing in tomorrow night's game. He said Mantas was trying to dunk on Gabe Blair and hurt his foot when he came down. So unless something changes between now and then...
                  Yea, I came here to say the same thing.

Sad panda

Comment

Maybe if Ramon sticks around, he could do some color work on Shocker broadcasts. I think he'd be a pretty interesting guy on the airwaves.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                      Tragically a fitting end. Guy just can't catch a break with injuries.

Comment

Working...
                      X