I don't want to hear it......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to hear it......

Never again. Not later this week, after the game, ever.

The most important game in 2+ years.....fans needed to spur on this gutty team....a packed house a must.

AND WHAT????

Plenty of tickets available.

Don't let me hear about the great fans.....It's all crap.

Do these kids have to be ranked again to get people to go?

Bandies.

I agree with you 100%...with one exception. The core group of fans for this school are 40X better than most schools. Especially considering that we are a "mid-major" Not many 6th place MVC teams would have 9,500+ for their games.

And for some reason I feel that more tickets will be sold.
    Goo Shockers

Comment

Re: I don't want to hear it......

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      Bandies.

And I agree with you 100%. Valentines' day, Schalentine's Day. It better be sold out by tip off.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If your hunny can't get in the mood by watching you make a fool of yourself at the roundhouse on Valentine's day, then it's time to find you a new hunny.

Go Shox.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

How many tix are left?

Comment

I was at the ticket office yesterday and they had more than 100 GA tickets remaining....I don't know the exact number.

I know last night there were 4 tickets on the marketplace, a dozen or so chairbacks scattered about and plenty of GA still left.

Comment

Agreed. And what's with the empty "corporate" seats all over the place.

I was curious last game and roughly counted the empty seats in the section across from us. There were about 80 at the first media timeout. That put my estimate in the 800-1000 no shows and that is pitiful. Just pitiful.

You people that don't show up should be ashamed. This team is playing hard and has some GOOD players who are fun to watch. Give those tickets away if you have to - call Big Brothers/Big Sisters, MAYB, or someone and let a kid have the chance to have some fun. Or how about McConnell AFB and give them to someone who is defending your freedom?

WE NEED BUTTS IN SEATS!! RAISE THE ROOF!!

--'85.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Well I am in one of the "corporate sections" and I too am frustrated with all the no shows but I do understand the need for their inclusion.....dollars talk.

You won't see my seats unused...in fact tonight I have a total of 14 going....only 8 are season tickets.

Big game. We need a big time atmosphere.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

It wasn't all that long ago (2 years ago?) we had students on here claiming to be the best student section in the history of WSU. Last game I brought my dad with me for his 1st game of the year. He asked where all the students were. Then he asked how much student tickets cost...then he shook his head in disappointment. Please don't tell me they were mostly bandies! Our student section looks no different than it did when I was a student in the 90's. We had no problem filling it half way and we had to pay for our tickets.

Any school is going to have ups and downs in attendance according to whether the team is winning or not. We're different because we have core group of about 5000-6000 who come no matter what. The problem is getting the other 4000 - 5000 to show up. This should be an exciting time for Shocker fans, with the new coach and the team starting to turn the corner. Not to mention a freshman who's a future hall of famer....
                  and maybe jersey retired? :D

Comment

I was just coming off stomach flu the last game so out of caution decided not to go to the game (not only for my benefit but for the benefit of anyone who got in my way (mow 'em down) when I had to run to the restroom).

I let a nephew of a friend of mine have my three tickets because he had been wanting to take his two boys but just couldn't swing the cost of three tickets. The email I got back from him thanking me for the tickets would make even Scrooge feel warm and fuzzy. The dad said his two boys were so excited one was dancing in the aisle. He didn't, however, thank me for the fact he didn't think he was ever going to get them to sleep that night. Just goes to show DON'T LET YOUR TICKETS GO UNUSED.

Comment

The most important game in 2+ years.....fans needed to spur on this gutty team....a packed house a must.

AND WHAT????

Bandies.
                      gloryhunters seem like a more detailed term to use.

Comment

I have personally delayed my Valentine's festivities until after the game and I have to watch on Shockervision from over 1000 miles away. Girlfriend mad. Me don't care! Ugh!

Now if my girlfriend was 19 and in college, I might be able to blow off the game! ;-)
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
                          I have personally delayed my Valentine's festivities until after the game and I have to watch on Shockervision from over 1000 miles away. Girlfriend mad. Me don't care! Ugh!

Now if my girlfriend was 19 and in college, I might be able to blow off the game! ;-)
                          Ditto. Well sort of. Festivities sandwiched around this game for me as well. Early dinner. Game. Hopefully after game celebration.. ;-)

I'm lucky she puts up with my Shocker basketball obsession. 8)
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

AND WHAT????

Bandies.
                            it's valentines night buddy. Your wife may be down with basketball but mine is not. Poor azz scheduling to have a game at 7 on valentines night.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town

AND WHAT????

Bandies.
                              it's valentines night buddy. Your wife may be down with basketball but mine is not. Poor azz scheduling to have a game at 7 on valentines night.

Find a new wife :)
                              Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Working...
                              X