Shocker Radio Broadcasts Question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Radio Broadcasts Question??

I heard a rumor from a credible source that Terrell Benton is being replaced on road games by Dave Dahl. I've always felt that Terrell was an upgrade with his basketball knowledge and had quite a bit of potential.

This move surprises me.

Am I alone? What did you all think of Terrell?

This is all new news to me. TB was a former Shocker and I did like his commentary. My take on TB having the job in the first place was that David Dahl did not have the time to travel as in the past. However, maybe maybe DD now has more time to again travel with the Shockers? If so, how could they tell him no? He has been with Mike Kennedy doing this for a long-long time and he does a great job and was also a Shocker player as a "blast from the past."
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I thought that Terrell was doing a great job. I hope that your source is wrong, although I have no reason to doubt you, because he did a good job and showed great potential to turn into a top notch broadcaster.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

This sucks if true. I loved Benton and he was doing a great job. If this is true, I hope it's because Benton has decided he didn't want to, or couldn't do it, for whatever reasons and not that "they" decided he wouldn't.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Terrell did a great job! His commentary was valued and well respected by tons of Shocker fans! :good:

With Terrell the last couple years...I liked the change of pace amoungst the radio team. Different voices are a good thing to mix it up a bit throughout the season! :good:

But...perhaps with a new regime at WSU comes change. Best of luck to Mr. Benton! He will be missed! :good:
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

TB did do a really good job on the air.

If this is the case then this sucks

Comment

Last year Terrell worked for the alumni assn, which probably gave him the flexibility to do that. He's not with them anymore so thta may have made it logistically impossible to continue.

Thanks for the time behind the mic (and beside The Mike), Terrell!

Comment

It's true. 8)
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

I think everyone is overreacting and jumping to conclusions. As Royal stated this quite possibly is due to TB's schedule, which might have been dictated by a new job.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                    I think everyone is overreacting and jumping to conclusions. As Royal stated this quite possibly is due to TB's schedule, which might have been dictated by a new job.
                    Im sure not everybody knew/knows that though.

Either way it still sucks

Comment

Maybe he can replace Rene......err......Craig on TV
                      Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

Mike Kennedy and Dave Dahl are two of the best in the country at what they do, and they make a GREAT team. They've been together a long time, and their chemistry is impeccable.

I'm glad I got a chance to work with them both. I learned a lot from Mike during our time together, and Dave helped me tremendously as well. We as Shocker fans will always have the best radio broadcast in the country so long as Mike and Dave are on the air

Thanks again for listening. I'll be around.

TB

Comment

On the bright side

most games are on tv;)

I hope TB finds a new place to continue his growth as a broadcaster. His knowledge of the game is as good as it gets (you can always tell that he is a huge fan of basketball and not just WSU basketball).

Comment

T.B.---Thanks for an awesome job as a Shocker player and your class act as a Shocker broadcaster. As a player, FSF loved watching you drain them 3's. As a Shocker broadcaster, you were prepared, you did your homework, and I enjoyed your input. I wish you the very best in your future endeavors. No doubt you will continue being successful.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I'm just going to say it. I'm not a fan of Dave Dahl on the air. I really enjoyed Terrell on the road games. Dave Dahl may be a great person, a good attorney, and a super booster (I think he's probably all of those things). The best part of having season tickets meant never having to hear Dave Dahl provide "color." I too hope it was Terrell's choice. I guess it could be worse, they could always pull Craig off of TV coverage and stick him on the radio.

Edit: Reading Suellentrop's article today, it's clear it wasn't Terrell's choice.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                              X