Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A vote of confidence in the current staff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonWu
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Originally posted by WuDrWu
    Cold,

In a round about sorta rubber room crazy you make some good points, allow me to expound for a moment.

You are watching the first 15 games of Gregg's 1st class. Ramon, Mantas and Aaron do not count. We needed bodies in NO time...we got what we got. I love the kids but MCDAA they are not nor were they ever. Was it suprising that we got some potential in 3 months and less? Sure. But those weren't the kids Gregg would have chosen.

Toure, Garrett, David, Reggie and Clevin. Those are on Gregg. They are into a 1/2 a season. That's all. Give them 2 years, watch them tear through the Valley and tell me what you think of recruiting. Until then, you have to take a step back....there are no Micheal Beasley's out there for us at least not today.
    I find several contradictions (to reality) in your post like: "those weren't the kids Gregg would have chosen". In fact, Gregg was quite elated when he signed those players as was much of SN. The talk about rushed recruiting as an excuse for poor performance surfaced much later last season when we did a complete 180.

Cold,

What did you seriously think Gregg was going to find out on the recruiting trail just days into the job starting in April? Deep down he knew he would have to settle for players that he wouldn't have otherwise recruited. We can say that as fans but of course he is in no position to tell it like it is - he has to heap praise upon whoever he recruits. Is that so hard to understand?

And I'm rather amused by today's hip hip hooray attitude mixed in with a dash of back-handed compliments/insults. Keep it real bro.
    So you are saying that Gregg was lying when he said he was excited about signing Rivals 3-Star Ellis? That is quite a charge you are bringing forth... :(

Hip Hip hooray? I think you are confusing excitement over an important player signing and my feelings toward our current win-loss ratio. In fact it is clearly evident that you have not comprehended my posting at all by saying that I am cheerleading while offering back-handed compliments.

I am not happy with all the losses and do not excuse them and do not blame them on stupid, lazy, unskilled, unathletic, players.

That being said... COACH GOT HIMSELF A GREAT ONE TODAY!!!!!

WOOO HOOOOOOO!

T

...8)

Comment

...there are no Micheal Beasley's out there for us at least not today.
      I'd much rather have a Blake Griffin than a Beasley, it'd make our guards that much more dangerous. Imagine the Miller-Ogirri kick out for another two or three seasons, except with as-unnamed post player and Toure' knocking the shots down.

I am happy to see that the shocker nation is pleased with Coy's commitment, as am I. What I would really like to see is his impact on the team's psyche, especially during practice. Hatch and Hawk are going to have their work cut out for them dealing with a larger player defending them. I don't know if Coy's decision to transfer has effected his conditioning (I believe it's reasonable to assume it has), but by the end of the season the wings we have now are going to have (hopefully) made some serious improvement.

Comment

So you are saying that Gregg was lying when he said he was excited about signing Rivals 3-Star Ellis?
        I think his excitement was real. I think you have to look at in terms of fantasy baseball/football draft perspective. At that point in the draft the GG was in (i.e. recruiting) there were no solid players left. And all of sudden the team in front of you screws up and takes a FG kicker instead of this potential sleeper player. The FG kicker can be taken anytime, but taking this guy has high reward, low risk. So sure he was happy.

Comment

Cold,

In a round about sorta rubber room crazy you make some good points, allow me to expound for a moment.

You are watching the first 15 games of Gregg's 1st class. Ramon, Mantas and Aaron do not count. We needed bodies in NO time...we got what we got. I love the kids but MCDAA they are not nor were they ever. Was it suprising that we got some potential in 3 months and less? Sure. But those weren't the kids Gregg would have chosen.

Toure, Garrett, David, Reggie and Clevin. Those are on Gregg. They are into a 1/2 a season. That's all. Give them 2 years, watch them tear through the Valley and tell me what you think of recruiting. Until then, you have to take a step back....there are no Micheal Beasley's out there for us at least not today.
          I find several contradictions (to reality) in your post like: "those weren't the kids Gregg would have chosen". In fact, Gregg was quite elated when he signed those players as was much of SN. The talk about rushed recruiting as an excuse for poor performance surfaced much later last season when we did a complete 180.

Regardless, you know I love you, but you are too close to the program thus your incentive to conform publicly is strong. I am not fettered by those same chains. ;-)

It's important in a fan base to have those that are willing (and able) to stand up and complain. Without those countervailing forces there would never be correction. And believe me, there needs to be some correction. Anybody who believes that GG has performed flawlessly in his duties since arriving in the great Nation of Shock has rocks in his or her head. :)

Patience is a virtue but at some point a person should alert the captain that they see a possible iceberg on the horizon.

Now with that said...

Today is a happy day, Johnny Coy signed with the Shox and CB is back to posting on SN (well, that might not be a happy day for some :D :yahoo: :clap:)

T

...8)
          I give up. What is the derivation of GG.

GreGG?
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
            Marshall obviously was a big factor for Coy. But I think you're seriously undervaluing the whole 'baseball' aspect of the situation..
            Another brilliant conclusion.

If Coy has a pro career ahead, it is in baseball, not basketball.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Yes, GG is for the double "G" in his name. Someone called him that and I snatched it up as if it were my own! :)

GG has a positive as well as negative connotation. It gives me flexibility and I like that. ;-)

T

...8)

Comment

Yes, GG is for the double "G" in his name. Someone called him that and I snatched it up as if it were my own! :)

GG has a positive as well as negative connotation. It gives me flexibility and I like that. ;-)

T

...8)
                Troy,

You are killing me.

dlm

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio

T

...8)
                  Troy,

You are killing me.

dlm
                  Who the F is Troy!?!

T

...8)

Comment

Yes, GG is for the double "G" in his name. Someone called him that and I snatched it up as if it were my own!
                    That Jim Rome wanna-be from Omaha Matt Perrault, first dubbed Gregg "Double G".
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                      Yes, GG is for the double "G" in his name. Someone called him that and I snatched it up as if it were my own!
                      That Jim Rome wanna-be from Omaha Matt Perrault, first dubbed Gregg "Double G".
                      I believe it was used on the Winthrop board long before dillhole in Omaha.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Why?
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Dude could have answerred for tonigt's debacle. Shocker fans are pretty decent and deserve an explanation.

I guess we are now free to speculate a and express our ravenous opinions.
                          Phi Alpha

Comment

Working...
                          X