No announcement yet.

Johnny Coy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is a dumb question and I will be ridiculed severely.

Is Coy a tweener?

If so, tweener between what? 3-4 or 2-3

Or straight 3?

Or straight 4?

I saw some video on him. He is not bothered by traffic. My kind of guy.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

just in case nobody seen it

Basketball Highlights from 5 games of Johnny's senior year. Johnny is currently a senior at Benton HS (2008) and has signed to play with Arizona State Univer...

if not, then its nice watching again, again, and again
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        Or maybe he was able to get a date with Sarah McGee (is that an illegal inducement?)
        Unless relationships have changed in the last couple of months, Sarah has a boyfriend. (I forget who it is, however.) Sarah should be really good next year. We'll miss Kelly and AJ but the Shocker volleyball team may be "scary good" next year with almost everyone back from a 30-2 team.
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

SOMEBODY FEDEX THIS BOY A COPY OF THE GREGG MARSHALL OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE SYSTEMOLOGY A.S.A.P. PLEASE KTHX

T

...8)

Comment

The jealousy and hate has started from all the jilted suitors at ValleyTalk...

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
              I know this is a dumb question and I will be ridiculed severely.

Is Coy a tweener?

If so, tweener between what? 3-4 or 2-3

Or straight 3?

Or straight 4?

I saw some video on him. He is not bothered by traffic. My kind of guy.
              In the highlight video, he sure looks like he has the skill set to be a true 3. The question that will be answered on the court is quickness against players maybe a couple inches shorter.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

If he plays baseball this spring, how does it affect the fact his basketball redshirt?

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Snow
                  If he plays baseball this spring, how does it affect the fact his basketball redshirt?
                  It doesn't
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I thought they said on the sports this evening that he could immediately start practicing with the basketball and baseball teams and then have 4 years to play starting this fall.

Comment

I doubt that WSU could get a hardship ruling in time for Johnny to play baseball this spring.

If it could happen and Johnny was cleared to play baseball this spring, that would start his eligibility clock running, which would expire in 4 years. I think it would expire at the semester break, but I'm not sure about that.

rc20 has said that Johnny plans on playing basketball 4 years. I'm guessing that Johnny takes a full RS year in both sports.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Eligibility

Aargh, eligibility doesn't expire at the semester break these days. That's a thing of the past.

The question is, if Coy were able to play baseball this spring, would that also start the clock on his basketball eligibility, or does eligibility run separately in each sport? The latter could make sense, because in some ways sports are treated as entirely separate things -- otherwise you couldn't be a pro in one but remain an amateur to play college ball in another -- but I just don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                          I should retract that a bit. I have no idea if he plans to play summer baseball or not. He could very well continue to work on his basketball skills in the summer after the College World Series is over. :whistle: My assumption was out of line...sorry.
                          It has been said that he will play for the St. Joes Mustangs over the summer months.

The NBC season will be over in mid-August, leaving some quite a bit of time for JC to catch back up. Earlier if the Mustangs don't qualify for the World Series.

Comment

I wonder if Paul Miller had any advice for Mr Coy?
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I'm pretty sure his eligibility for baseball and basketball wouldn't be on the same calendar.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X