New Downtown Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Downtown Arena

Bob Lutz asked the ksu bb coach what he thought of playing the Shox next year at the new arena. He hedged quite a bit but said that he and HCGM had talked about playing in Wichita since there are alot of ksu alumni in the area. But also said that nothing had been set in motion at this time.

Only if it's a home and home or a one time thing in the new arena.

Comment

I'm a fan of the new downtown arena. But I am in no way a fan of the Shox playing in it when we have a kick-butt arena for them right at 21st and Hillside.

That venue can book concerts and other events to get kicked off -- let the Shox stay at "home".
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Oh wait .. I might have to retract that last message ... there will be BEER at the downtown arena. I'm all for moving the Shox games to the downtown arena on a permanent basis (or at least until WSU drops their anti-hops policy).

Comment

Originally posted by alfreema
          Oh wait .. I might have to retract that last message ... there will be BEER at the downtown arena. I'm all for moving the Shox games to the downtown arena on a permanent basis (or at least until WSU drops their anti-hops policy).
          It's not the Shox's policy -- as I understand it the policy is that of the NCAA. The reason Creighton has beer at its games is because they play in an off-campus arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
            It's not the Shox's policy -- as I understand it the policy is that of the NCAA. The reason Creighton has beer at its games is because they play in an off-campus arena.
            Ah the Nitwits Censoring Alcohol Association ... evil bastards!

Comment

If "censoring" alcohol was the NCAA's biggest problem, I'd get a 6" NCAA logo tat in my armpit in celebration.

Comment

Can't they just sell the corner that the arena is on to the city for a dollar? Then it would be off-campus and the beer could flow freely.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby
                  If "censoring" alcohol was the NCAA's biggest problem, I'd get a 6" NCAA logo tat in my armpit in celebration.
                  Yeah "censor" was the only C word I could come up with that remotely made sense.

I'm curious though, what other beefs do you have with NCAA?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                    Can't they just sell the corner that the arena is on to the city for a dollar? Then it would be off-campus and the beer could flow freely.
                    Oooh, I like the way you think.

Comment

I believe it's a state law that bans the sale of beer at indoor facilities on State-subsidized property.

The NCAA doesn't allow sales of alcohol at events where it is the sponsor. That accounts for the lack of beer for baseball regionals.

I'd sooner not sell the ground under Koch to the city. With the marvelous job the city has done with the arena (no parking), the WaterWalk, the boat house, the levees, etc. I'd rather not trust the city with anything related to WSU.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu
                        I'm a fan of the new downtown arena. But I am in no way a fan of the Shox playing in it when we have a kick-butt arena for them right at 21st and Hillside.

That venue can book concerts and other events to get kicked off -- let the Shox stay at "home".

Unfortunately it appears lately that the only butts getting kicked at the 21st and Hillside arena are ours. :cry:

Comment

If a game does occur at Intrust, how would that affect the situation with season-ticket holders and students getting into the game?

Comment

Originally posted by n8
                            If a game does occur at Intrust, how would that affect the situation with season-ticket holders and students getting into the game?
                            The game either wouldn't be included in the season ticket package or they would have to map out equivalent seats. I'm sure they'd find a way to make it easier (cheaper) for students to get tickets than for regular admission.

Comment

If the Intrust Arena ever holds the NCAA 1st & 2nd Rounds at least one WSU game will have to be played there. They cannot bid without the host team playing at least one game in the facility.

Comment

Working...
                              X