No announcement yet.

Stutz will go pro.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess is that Garrett Stutz will play basketball for money some day. He will get stronger and tougher, has a solid work ethic, a nice shot with range, and can shoot the ball inside with either hand. However, the NBA would be a long shot, but not impossible because of his height and skills. Garrett is a cool young man and I wish him the very best. With players like Garrett and Toure here, and Kenny and Gabe to follow with them next Season, we are on the right track.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by double dribble
      If Stutz makes it to the NBA, I will kick MYSELF square in the grapes! (That can be very painful)
      Now if you said "kick MYSELF in the grapes", that would have been reasonable. Some crazy leprechaun-dance-looking self-kick to the nads could work ... but you said "SQUARE" in the grapes. To me that means using your instep. THAT I gotta see. Please, please, please Stutz make it to the NBA so I can watch this new half-time show.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

If Anthony Tolliver can make an NBA roster, then maybe Stutz can too. Who knows how he will develop over the next three years.

Granville Waiters was on a NBA roster for years.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
          Originally posted by martymoose
          Originally posted by ShockRef
          Unreal.
          This topic 'ranks' right up there.
          I can feel a post coming from the Lawman - and it will be warranted. 8)
          Lawman is getting ready for the KU game...because Baylor doesn't have a team.

umm I believe Baylor is in the top 25.

And believe it or not, I agree wtih Shock Ref - this topic is a bit much.
          Sorry, thought it was obvious I was talking about the KU football game which was at the same time as our basketball game...were they playing a basketball game too?

Comment

Question: How was Stutz able to stay in the game after they stopped the game for a minute or two when he was hurt?

Seems like either he comes out or we have to use a time out.

Comment

I had the same thought

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Harley
                Question: How was Stutz able to stay in the game after they stopped the game for a minute or two when he was hurt?

Seems like either he comes out or we have to use a time out.
                I wondered also but assumed that the issue must have been that he was bleeding and need to get that stopped. Don't know if this was true but seemed like a reasonable explanation.
                The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

The officials will normally give an injured player some time to see if he's ok. Not a lot of time but some. If he's not ready by then the coach either has to replace him or call a timeout to give him more time. Garrett either had some contact problems or something in his eye as he went over to the bench and flushed his eye with something. If it's a contact problem they normally give the player a lot more time to get it corrected since it's not really an injury thing. If a coach or trainer comes out to check on the player, I believe they have to remove him or call a timeout to keep him in.

Not sure any of that helps you...
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

One particular attribute that Garrett possesses that is good is his ability to go to his left hand for shots. A post player that is left handed or has equal ability with his left hand seems to get more opportunies to score, i.e,, Michael Beasley.

There, for a while in the last game, Garrett looked like he had command of the game when he was getting the ball. I think next year particularly we will see more aggressiveness out of Garrett because we are seeing telltale signs of it now.

I expect him to be at least 10 lbs heavier next year which will put him at about 250. At 250 or 260, he will be much more effective I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X