No announcement yet.

Cox KS 22 Quality Poor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE: As others have noticed the channel changed its look and now has the KSN weather Radar. The channel has changed its name but will still broadcast Shocker basketball. It will undergo an overhaul on Jan 28th supposedly with more local content and better broadcasting.

As for the quality of basketball broadcasts the most likely reason is because of the bandwidth used to broadcast the game. Lower bandwidth=poor image quality=lower cost. This is not a COX issue this is the choice of the broadcaster of the event. With that said I was told that "the best way to get it improved is to let COX know and they will communicate with broadcaster letting them know about the requests for an improved image quality" Even if it is COX let them know.

Comment

Here is the place to send Cox an email about Channel 22's quality of broadcast for Shocker's games:

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
        Originally posted by wsubball96
        Originally posted by wsubball96
        I was wondering is it the camera or the method they send the feed. Initially I thought it was the camera but not sure. All I know is that I don't see much difference between last nights game and the VHS tapes of shocker games from the late 80's.
        Well I decided to dig into the archives and found this gem. I'm sad to say that the video quality back in the Folgler days (late 80's) was better than what cox22 is putting out now. ..... by the way.. the ref on the ground is Jim Bain (current MVC head of officials) ISU blue finished the game with only 4 players

IMPORTANT! Please respect my wishes and not download this file. I will go over my bandwidth limit and they will shut my site down. Sorry.

Late 80's recorded with a VCR
        Classic stuff... sure brings back a lot of memories of that game. This video is worthy of its own thread on Valleytalk.
        Agreed. Dirty Suckamores.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I sent an e-mail complaint to Cox regarding how horrible Craig Stevens and Bruce Hertl are as play by play annoucers and they e-mailed me back sayng I'd have to complain to the local station because they don't have any say over who does the broadcast. I also sent an e-mail to the Eagle's Opinion Line but don't know if has been printed or not. Does anybody else think these two guys suck as play by play hosts? :roll: :roll: :(

Comment

Originally posted by tbaldwin14
            Does anybody else think these two guys suck as play by play hosts? :roll: :roll: :(
            I think they do a decent job. Just remember, the reason those games are being broadcast is probably because of Haertl.

I do think if they could get a better picture it would help because why the lack of quality forces you to depend on the broadcasters for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
              Does anybody else think these two guys suck as play by play hosts? :roll: :roll: :(
              I think they do a decent job. Just remember, the reason those games are being broadcast is probably because of Haertl.

I do think if they could get a better picture it would help because why the lack of quality forces you to depend on the broadcasters for more information.
              Agreed. Haertl is a big WSU supporter. Steven is too, but man, like his aunt, he is brutal on the tele.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

Agreed. Haertl is a big WSU supporter. Steven is too, but man, like his aunt, he is brutal on the tele.
                No, he's light years beyond his aunt.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                  Originally posted by t[color=yellow
                  bald[/color]win14]Does anybody else think these two guys suck as play by play hosts? :roll: :roll: :(

Agreed x 2... I appreciate everything Bruce does for the Shockers. Baldy, I think you're way off base with your comments.
                  :roll:
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Lets win about 100 games the next 4 seasons, then we won't be on 22 any longer. Till then, just be glad we have this.

Comment

KWCH uses CW to put part of their morning news so they could use CW for WSU games.

The valley should start their own network like Big10. Put more games on FSN instead of poker & swimsuit pageants. Did I really say that???

Comment

I think Haertl is an excellent play-by-play announcer -- I wouldn't want to see him replaced.

But Craig on the other hand .. "versaTILE", "versaTILE", "versaTILE". Someone tell that guy the accent goes on "ver" and the I is generally silent. Better yet learn a new adjective to describe a player!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

OK I stand corrected and I agree lets win a bunch of games so we don't have to rely on Channel 22 or CS. I'll be BH the benefit of the doubt for now.

Comment

Bruce does alright but I'm not a fan. If someone else took over the play by play duties I'd be happy.

Craig tries but has failed to improve doing color.

KN22 quality sucks
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I always thought Terrell Benton did a good job as the color guy a couple years back on the radio. I have always thought he should be the color guy on TV. I think stevens is terrible as the color, and Heartl is so-so, there is better.
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Good call on Benton. They would be a good team I would think -- who in Wichita would be better? Upgrade the video and the sidekick and you have a good show.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X