Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for some of the ....Ahem ...Older fans ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question for the Gray Beards:

When Harry Miller signed his 1968 class, which included Steve Shogren, what other players were signed in the class? Shogren was Player of the Year, as I recall, for the class that he played in.

Weren't there two other Kansas Player of the Year for their class signed in that same class?

If so, who were they?

Hey, maybe I should submit this to Mike Kennedy for him to use as one of his $15 Applebee's gift certificate questions. :(

Comment

Txlen---The year we signed Steve Shogren, we also signed Preston Carrington and Ron Harris. The year before that, we signed David Dahl and for you softball players, we also signed Ron Soft from Campus who since then has been inducted into the Kansas Slow-Pitch Softball Hall of Fame. Now that is indeed a blast from the past.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Forever, do you know of a resource that has the recruiting classes listed?

Thanks!

Comment

Txlen--Nothing specific. However, if you have any WSU Basketball Guides from the past, it does help. In the section called 'History", they have a listing of all the players and what years they played here.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Recruiting was different in 1968. Fr were still ineligible to play, so there were Fr games that were normally played before the varsity games. Recruiting classes got pretty big.

Phys. Ed. was mandatory. I signed up for a class called "Gym Sports" taught by Ted (??) Laptad, the track coach. I think the entire '68 Fr basketball team was in that class. I remember Ron Soft in that class. It was fun watching the 6'7" BB players at the net. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't artistic. It was pretty physical and way above the net.

That reminds me of when WSU first went to computerized printouts of class offerings for registration. I think it was spring of '68. Laptad was teaching a graduate class called Analysis of Motor Skills. They had to shorten it for the length the computer would allow and it was listed as "ANAL MTR SKILLS".
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
              Recruiting was different in 1968. Fr were still ineligible to play, so there were Fr games that were normally played before the varsity games. Recruiting classes got pretty big.

Phys. Ed. was mandatory. I signed up for a class called "Gym Sports" taught by Ted (??) Laptad, the track coach. I think the entire '68 Fr basketball team was in that class. I remember Ron Soft in that class. It was fun watching the 6'7" BB players at the net. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't artistic. It was pretty physical and way above the net.

That reminds me of when WSU first went to computerized printouts of class offerings for registration. I think it was spring of '68. Laptad was teaching a graduate class called Analysis of Motor Skills. They had to shorten it for the length the computer would allow and it was listed as "ANAL MTR SKILLS".
              My wife has threatened to divorce me because of my excellent "ANAL MTR SKILLS".

SFL is back!

Comment

Working...
              X