Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for some of the ....Ahem ...Older fans ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for some of the ....Ahem ...Older fans ...

In a duiscussion the other night we were trying to remember who did the play by play and Color when Kake did the TV broadcasts in the late 70's early 80's ,, ( mainly the Stephenson Era) I can remeber watchin them but cant put the name on em I thought Mike Kenedy did some of it but was told no ??? Am I getting thay old that I'm havin Oldtimers syndrome ??

All I know is My memories of those broadcasts sure were better than Bruce and his cohort IMHO

Thanks and I'll hang up and listen now ,,lol
    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Bill Land?

Moved to Tulsa and now does a lot of Big 12 broadcasts... he was good! :good:
    SFL is back!

Comment

Bill Land was in Tulsa the same time Nolan Richardson was there. I remember listening to Land interviewing Richarson post game. Land had quckly adapted to a Tulsa super homer.

Didn't Mark Allen do some games for KAKE also?

Comment

Mark Allen did quite a few in the early '80's.

I would never remember that except I worked at the same radio station as his wife back then.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Hey OTR Shockerfan... please throw us a bone here... are these guys on the right track?
          :D
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Mark Allen by the way is a lead anchor in Dayton Ohio.
            I like basketball,cuz if i wasnt for Basketball,i wouldnt be playin Basketball today

Comment

I don't know the answer, but Mike Kennedy does.

Call him.

Comment

It was Mark Allen. Then we had the shocker channel and I dont know who did that.
                " If you build it they will come ", Koch Arena

Comment

Late '70s TV was Mark Allen, sometimes Allen was solo and for a couple of years he had Ted Owens as a color man.

Radio before Mike Kennedy was Bill Land ( he of the "That's all the time for Shocker time, this time. Until next time: HAVE A GOOD TIME!" sign off).

Before that, it was Ken Softly. And before that, it was Gus Grebe of course.

Comment

Guys...you've all been answering the wrong question. OTR wants to know who was doing the broadcast of the BASEBALL games..."the Stephenson era". Ha - Merry Christmas!

Comment

I seem to remember Henry Harvey doing some play-by-play on KAKE.
                      For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                      - said no one ever...

Comment

Originally posted by shoxilla
                        I seem to remember Henry Harvey doing some play-by-play on KAKE.
                        Santa? :D

P.S. I miss the original KakeMan... he was a hoot, "round and round the big wide world!"
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme
                          Guys...you've all been answering the wrong question. OTR wants to know who was doing the broadcast of the BASEBALL games..."the Stephenson era". Ha - Merry Christmas!
                          I think everyone figured it was about basketball since it was in the Men's Basketball thread.

Comment

When Henry Harvey was the Santa they also used to have toys behing mystery curtains and would reveal them at the end of the show. Were the early shows sponsored by Orrs Bookstore on Douglas? I remeber my parents bought me my all time favorite gift from there. It was a P-51 Mustang by cox and had a gasoline engine. You can keep your Red Ryder BB guns because I can still smell the burnt fuel from that magificent airplane.

Comment

Toy Boy > Kakeman :D

Comment

Working...
                              X