No announcement yet.

MVC PREDICTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know exactly how any teams will finish up this season. But the way I see the Valley this season is in three tiers...

Upper tier: Creighton, Evansville, Drake, Illinois State.

Middle-lower tier: Bradley, SIU, Northern Iowa, Wichita State.

Suck tier: Missouri State, Indiana State.

I think we could finish as high as fifth, maybe higher if we could string together some games where we can actually score. Maybe if things got really bad 8th or 9th. But the Valley has no depth this year, and I can't see this young team actually getting worse.

Missouri State's win over Arkansas makes me think maybe they could finish higher than 9th. But Losing by 12 at home against Middle Tennessee State, along playing no one makes me think that they aren't any good. I could be convinced otherwise.

As far as predictions go, I'll take a stab at it...

1. Creighton
    2. Drake
    3. Illinois State
    4. Evansville
    5. SIU
    6. Wichita State
    7. Bradley
    8. Northern Iowa
    9. Missouri State
    10. Indiana State
    Goo Shockers

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxFan45
      I don't know exactly how any teams will finish up this season. But the way I see the Valley this season is in three tiers...

Upper tier: Creighton, Evansville, Drake, Illinois State.

Middle-lower tier: Bradley, SIU, Northern Iowa, Wichita State.

Suck tier: Missouri State, Indiana State.

I think we could finish as high as fifth, maybe higher if we could string together some games where we can actually score. Maybe if things got really bad 8th or 9th. But the Valley has no depth this year, and I can't see this young team actually getting worse.

Missouri State's win over Arkansas makes me think maybe they could finish higher than 9th. But Losing by 12 at home against Middle Tennessee State, along playing no one makes me think that they aren't any good. I could be convinced otherwise.

As far as predictions go, I'll take a stab at it...

1. Creighton
      2. Drake
      3. Illinois State
      4. Evansville
      5. SIU
      6. Wichita State
      7. Bradley
      8. Northern Iowa
      9. Missouri State
      10. Indiana State
      What makes you think Evansville is an upper tier team? they are middle of the road until they prove other wise.

Comment

Well Evansville is 8-2, no bad losses, just the North Carolina and Butler. They beat a pretty good Western Kentucky team by 32 points. I just think it could be a good year for them.
        Goo Shockers

Comment

WSU will be #1 after a perfect run in the Valley

Comment

Now that I've seen the Creighton game, I'll stick with my 6th place finish. I reserve the right to make another prediction at the halfway point of the MVC.

Comment

Kinda weird with how poorly we are on offense, but I say we finish no worse than 7th still. I still think Indiana St (even with their win today) will be below us, along with UNI and SIU (the one team that is just as bad on offense and not quite as good on defense).
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

It will be rare to see a Valley team beat Creighton at Creighton this Season. The first 19 minutes, we looked competitive. However, even during that time, our inside game was outscored around 18-10 in the paint by Creighton. They mixed up their defenses enough to keep us confused and we missed soooooo many easy shots. What will be the psyche of this young team versus Bradley? That could tell us where we are heading in the Valley race. It is way too early to give up on these Shocks. We will be fine!!!!!!!

Reply # 21
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

FSF, I change my mind, we finish 7th instead of 6th. In other news, our nemesis UMKC lost last night to Non-Division 1 SIU-Edwardsville. That stings!

Comment

Greetings KC Shox---Good thing FSF is not a ramblin gamblin man with our Shocks--because I would be losing green-backs faster than your display is flippin them baby.

Not so fast though on moving the Shocks down a slot. First of all, I agree, there are several unknowns and a very unpredictable array of tems this Season. However, our toughest games are now behind us. We never got blown out while several thought we would. We took a young inexperienced team to the Valley favorites house with just under 18,000 fans and played respectable for 19 minutes-and about 30 seconds. Thus, I think the Bradley game will be a better 'feeler game' as to how we will compete in the Valley.

Here's the concerns many of us share. Can this team win on the road and take care of business at home? Will our inside players play like they are very capable of playing and make the easy chip shots and lay-ups we are clanking? Will we jell before it is too late? Stay tuned.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I think as of right now the odds are about 50/50 whether the Valley gets 1 or 2 bids. Creighton and Illinois State are both making very good cases and if they are both strong enough come tournament time and another team wins the automatic bid the valley maybe, just maybe could get 3 bids. It's a long shot though.

Comment

Working...
                      X