MVC PREDICTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC PREDICTIONS

If the Valley race was ever up for grabs and wide open, it is this Season. Now that we have a little better feel of each team, where do you think each team will finish? Here is my fearless but vulnerable picks.

1. Creighton--A talented team that will win their fair share of road games and lose few at home.

2. SIU----What? Defense and winning ugly is their specialty.

3. Ill. State---Now here is a team that could rise up and win it all.

4. WSU-- This young team should take care of business at home but the road games will be a mystery. My heart says they will end up 4th. Several experts thought about 8th which is better than we finished last Season. Reality could be anywhere between 4th to 7th which would still be progress over last Season. I will as always predict with my heart :wsu_posters:

5. Drake---They were passive out of the gate and now more impressive. They looked tough versus Iowa but are not as good as last Season.

6. Bradley---A middle of the pack team this Season.

7. N. Iowa---This should be a close expectation for this team.

8. Evansville---They could end up higher and seem improved.

9. Mo. State--a rebuilding year.

10. Indiana State-- Even this team can beat any of the above teams on a given night.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

we better shoot better than 48 percent from the line if we want to finish 4th -6th, we are not experience enough or good enough right now to just leave points off the board
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Could we finish 4th? Sure.....have we shown anything aside from potential to make you believe we will? No.

We are not consistent enough to "take care of business at home". At least not yet.

What I feel confident in right now is that CU and ISU will battle for the title. Indiana State will finish in the basement. UNI will be in the play in game. As we are playing right now, we would finish between 6-9.

Comment

1. CU - They've won their last six games, all by double-digits. A couple against decent competition.
        2. ISU (red) - Obviously poor schedule, though they did beat a pretty good UIC team.

Here's where it gets tough. I think the next several teams (3 thru 6) are going to have up-and-down periods. Win some head-scratchers and lose some head-scratchers.

3. SIU - A tough team to figure out, but their defense is good enough to overcome nights where their young talent struggles.
        4. DU - A hiccup or two so far (Stephen F. Austin?), but talented guards will carry them.
        5. UE - Giving them some credit for at least winning the games they should.
        6. MSU - Seriously up and down team. A bit of a wildcard. Could finish 5th, could finish 9th.
        7. WSU - MVC defenses will not be kind if our offense doesn't get better. One good half won't win many league games.
        8. BU - Still not getting the post play they need. With Warren not coming back this year it will be a struggle.
        9. UNI - Lost to Iowa and Iowa St. 'Nuff said.
        10. ISU (blue) - Duh. Though they did beat a Lamar team that beat Texas Tech.

Comment

Wow, do you even watch basketball fsf?

And anytime you're predicting with you're heart, you're wrong. Geez. How many times are you gonna change up with the predictions? What's this, the 3rd one in 3 weeks?..

We are destined for 8th as of now.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

1. CU I don't think this is a lock
            2. Ill State Will finish top 5. I get to see them this Sunday @ MSU. We'll soon find out if they are the real deal.
            3. E-ville Surprise team in the Valley. Not to be taken lightly
            4. Drake A few experienced players put them top half
            5. WSU We start slow but start becoming a force mid Jan. We will grow up alot this Sunday.
            6. SIU C-Lo is is playing with his own players and they are young. The other surprise team (some surprises aren't good)
            7. No Iowa Not impressive so far
            8. Bradley Could flip flop with N Iowa
            9. Da bears I've been to several bear games...the are not as good as their record. Will be in hibernation soon.
            10. Sick-amores Their name says it all

The Valley is wide open. We would look like world beaters if we could have made our free throws in a few of the non-con games. I think Hawk is coming on strong and RC is.....well RC. We definitley have more depth this year and alot more grit. I say we continue to improve and will make some noise in St. Louis.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

1 - ISU - Despite the schedule they're a very good team with arguably the best player in the Valley leading them.
              2 - CU - It's Dana and Co. Very good team returning and only getting better.
              3 - SIU - I know they've struggled of late but they always seem to find a way.
              4 - WSU - Most every team has issues with it's young players. I think the Shox have a talent advantage there though.
              5 - DU - I'm still not sure they finish this high.
              6 - UE - They appear to be getting better but haven't shown a lot.
              7 - MSU - I think they'll find a way. Good new coach will get them going.
              8 - UNI - The have some talent but I'm just not sold on the guard play
              9 - BU - They've got issues
              0 - ISU - We all know why.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:43 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Here's the deal 1-Creighton 2. SIU 3. Ill. St. 4. Shocks 5. Drake

6. Bradley 7. N. Iowa 8. Evansville 9. Mo St. 10. Ind. ST

The top 4 could shake out different---but should all make it. The Shocks are NOT a 9th place team but could shake out to 5th or 6th. On the other hand, we would all rather dream that WSU makes the top 3 in Valley play, then peaks at St. Louie and and Dances in March. Sometimes---even pipe dreams come true? Stay tuned!!!!!!! "FSF"

For the record SF, the above post on Dec. 3rd was my only prediction in your time frame mentioned. Notice it is identical to the one listed above today. However, I am unsettled if SIU will finish as high as usual. Evansville could finish somewhat better than 8th. Indeed, Illinois State could win it all. However, the listings above are my predictions and they are final. You have actually done quite respectable in you recent Shocker predictions. Thus, I would be curious to see how you pick each team to finish because there seems to be so many unknowns this year.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I think our team is more mentally tough than most realize and will perform better on the road than many think.

I think the games we have to worry about are the home games where we tend to take a bit longer to "wake up".

I made a bet with an Evansville fan that we are going to finish higher than them in the conference standings. I have access to HCGM and will collect my gambling debt from him that would be owed to this Evansville fan if we cannot finish above Evansville. I think that is an appropriate action.

T

...8)

Comment

One sage says, "8th."

I say, if we finish 9th, I will not be surprised.

It is hard to explain, but I cannot gather up a lot of enthusiasm for near term success.

This has not been one of my favorite teams.

Damn, I hope I am all wet.

Comment

I don't want to make a solid prediction until after the Creighton game, but I could see us finishing at best 6th right now.

Comment

If we want to finish anywhere above seventh then we need to learn how to feed the post. We can't get a pass into the post and it makes me insane...actually alot makes me insane, including free throws and passing around the perimeter against the zone instead of penetrating it. If we can learn to feed the post for some inside scoring and some inside pass to the outside for an open J and shoot free throws we could finish in the top four.

Comment

I've kept hoping that sometime during our first 11 games that we would start turning it around and would gain momentum and consistency by the time conference play started. But, unfortunately, this has not happened and our lack of any consistant offense has been exposed game after game.

The only player, so far, who brings it every game, is Ramon and the nagging fact that we have to face is that this is his last season. But there is still nearly two thirds of the season left and it is definitely time for some team members to step forward. Thankfully, AJ looks like one who is starting to gain in confidence and consistency.

Comment

It's between the birds. I thing the blue ones will take it.
                            Just hoping the Shocks will avoid a play in game.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by moshock
                              1. CU I don't think this is a lock
                              2. Ill State Will finish top 5. I get to see them this Sunday @ MSU. We'll soon find out if they are the real deal.
                              3. E-ville Surprise team in the Valley. Not to be taken lightly
                              4. Drake A few experienced players put them top half
                              5. WSU We start slow but start becoming a force mid Jan. We will grow up alot this Sunday.
                              6. SIU C-Lo is is playing with his own players and they are young. The other surprise team (some surprises aren't good)
                              7. No Iowa Not impressive so far
                              8. Bradley Could flip flop with N Iowa
                              9. Da bears I've been to several bear games...the are not as good as their record. Will be in hibernation soon.
                              10. Sick-amores Their name says it all

:wsu_posters:
                              I agree but I would switch Drake and EU 8)
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                              X