Real Leadership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Leadership

Anyone who can should check out Ramon Clemente's facebook. He just posted a note that some of you really need to see. In case you don't have facebook, here it is.

Something I didn't plan on was coming into the season 3-5. As a leader of my team I take the blame for that if anyone is gonna point fingers at anyone this year point them at me don't point them at my Coach all he can do is show us how to win he can't play for us. They point at my newcomers and rookies like they know better well guess what thats not the case. My young team is learning the college game just like I had to learn it. I hear people talking I read the news papers I watch the TV I listen to the radio and all I can hear is negative. So I say this if you feel that we suck were a waste of time and were a bunch of losers from a players shoes that kinda hurts to know your city doesn't have your back. But if your with us and you'll stick with us through the thick and thin I can't promise you I will win every game but I give you my word Starting today December 11th 2008 on my birthday that I will play as hard as I can and do whatever I have to do to make my city Wichita Kansas respect us. If you feel my team is not giving it our all say Ramon Clemente sucks, he's taking bad shots, why not hustling hard enough because im the leader of this team and im responsible for everything as a senior. BLAME ME BLAME ME BLAME ME thats all I ask.
    Oh, and Happy Birthday, Ramon. You're a true leader.
    Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
    Students > Alumni
    If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
    The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Reading that just gives me goose bumps
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

After reading that, I wonder if "X" and Ramón are distant cousins?

Comment

That is all you can ask of the players. Leave it all out on the floor and let the chips fall. If that happens then this team will get the full support of the fans just like in '06 and '07 even when the team faltered.

Comment

A very moving statement. What a mature individual to post something like that and attempt to take all the blame.

Somebody is pulling ol' CB's heartstrings! :cry:

T

...8)

Comment

What can you say?...As stand-up and classy of statment as you will ever here any young person make.With leaders like Ramon this basketball team and more importantly this country have hope for the future.

From one soldier to another i applaud u young man,Wuwolf
            I like basketball,cuz if i wasnt for Basketball,i wouldnt be playin Basketball today

Comment

...and Ramon, the majority of us have your backs. We are there. :wsu_posters:

Comment

I'm behind you Ramon. Don't pay attention to the idiots on this board. It's a condition that can't be cured.

Comment

Ramon, we got your back. Now go give Gardner-Webb the whippin' they deserve!

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

It is sad that he feels the team is discounted by the community. I do not believe this to be the case. Ramon is THE leader.

Go Shocks!!!!
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I expect a big game from Ramon since it is his birthday. Let's go cheer him on tomorrow! :poster_ramon: :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
                        It is sad that he feels the team is discounted by the community. I do not believe this to be the case. Ramon is THE leader.

Go Shocks!!!!
                        Here's the thing ... it seems 4 or 5 or even a dozen people have started prematurely speaking out in various media sources how they think the Shox aren't living up to expectations. The players aren't immune or isolated from all this and it hurts the players to hear it.

There are countless Shocker fans who are still on their side. The problem is (or in reality THE SOLUTION IS), and it was stated in another thread, the Shox need a good dose of old fashioned home cookin' and get some love from the home crowd to start feeling better.

Marshall has a tough balancing act right now. He has a VERY YOUNG team with VERY LITTLE DIVISION 1 EXPERIENCE. He needs them to get tough and understand the the D1 game IS NOT HIGH SCHOOL OR JUCO BALL, but at the same time they need to win a little to gain confidence.

You can say stuff like "They showed up well vs. good teams like Georgetown and Michigan State." but the fact of the matter is their record is 3-5 right now and a losing record grates on competitive athletes. There are NO MORAL VICTORIES in this win or go home world.

I personally don't care one flip about the record right now. Seeing guys like Toure', David, Garrett, Reggie, Clevin, and all the rest start to figure it out is where the winning is right now.

I love that Ramon is taking the leadership role for this team. In addition to being the leader right now, he has to pass on that responsibility to someone for next year and beyond. One of the things that makes a program work is the ability of players to pass on "The Shocker Way", which has changed with the new coaching regime. Once that identity is clear, things will mesh.

Look back to the early Turgeon years. 9-19 was Turg's first record and Troy Mack was the Ramon Clemente-like warrior on that team. The next year had the Howard, Kampman, Burns FR class that started the magic. Their record was 15-15, but the schedule was laden with cupcakes. The 3rd season Turg brought in Fridge to fill the PG void and most of us spent a lot of time scratching our heads because the offense seemed to be out of whack much of the time - they wound up 18-12 and went to the NIT.

I could go on, but once a coach gets his players in the program and they get experience playing together, things start to gel. The talent on this team, IMO, is better than the talent in the early Turgeon years. If Marshall can keep this band together and with next years recruits ready to step in when this year's Juco players move on, Shocker basketball will be right back where we want it.

Henny Penny .. the sky is NOT FALLING. Get out Friday and support the team - win, lose, or draw.

--'85.
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Happy Birthday Ramon! Shocker Nation has your back!!

Let's start the home stand off right.
                          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

GO SHOX!!!

Ramon --- You da man!!

Comment

Best birthday-day in the whole year!

Happy birthday Ramon! (and to me, too).

I think the idea that there are a lot of negative feelings towards the progress of this team will disappear after a couple wins in front of sellout crowds at the 'chuck.
                              I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Working...
                              X