• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Originally posted by shoxlax
    Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Why would we over schedule like this with such an inexperienced team? So we could lose even more confidence after last year's debacle? Please use your head.
    Uh the majority of schedules are done a year or two in advance. We weren't getting outside of the Old Spice. Texas Tech and TCU aren't powerhouses. By most accounts, myself included, TCU looked like a winnable game. We're loaded with patsies the rest of the way. I don't think the schedule is that bad at all. It's better than playing an Illinois State type schedule, going 11-0, and then falling on our asses once conference season starts.

Please, for the love of God, don't blame it on the scheduling. That's officially your second dumbest statement of the night so far.
    Who says Illinois State will fall on their asses? Here's fifty bucks that says the confidence they developed in the preseason will carry them to at least an NIT bid. The Old Spice was enough, we had no business playing two more road games in a row, then coming home facing a very good Gardner Webb team, which will probably smoke us at home.
    You missed the point. Illinois State is BETTER than us. Of course, they're gonna do better. What I was saying is why be fooled and go untested with a pud schedule and not know how good or bad we are and then get sent a lethal dose of reality in conference play that would send us into a 06-07esque tailspin.

This schedule is not the most difficult one out there. The road trip should help make home seem like a piece of cake, well hopefully.

Uh, this isn't the Gardner-Webb of last year who knocked off UK. They're 2-5 and not very good. I will be flying to the Grand Canyon and jumping without the bungee if we don't win this game on Friday.

Again, your argument is flawed. Blame the lack of offense and the youth and inexperience for what we have so far - not the freaking scheduling.
    Although Fever is dead on here, it is a moot point anyway. As long as Gregg is our coach, expect our OOC scheduling to get more and more difficult. The best way to IMPROVE is to play the toughest competition you can find, at least in Coach Marshall's eyes.

It is one (of many) things that I believe Gregg has right.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan
      2 weeks ago, Drake was horrible according to your standards and last week you placed them 4th. I am sorry you are so fickle. :cry: Dig it?
      You don't get it. I can't argue with somebody who doesn't even know what he's arguing about.

You win.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
        Why would we over schedule like this with such an inexperienced team? So we could lose even more confidence after last year's debacle? Please use your head.
        Uh the majority of schedules are done a year or two in advance. We weren't getting outside of the Old Spice. Texas Tech and TCU aren't powerhouses. By most accounts, myself included, TCU looked like a winnable game. We're loaded with patsies the rest of the way. I don't think the schedule is that bad at all. It's better than playing an Illinois State type schedule, going 11-0, and then falling on our asses once conference season starts.

Please, for the love of God, don't blame it on the scheduling. That's officially your second dumbest statement of the night so far.
        Who says Illinois State will fall on their asses? Here's fifty bucks that says the confidence they developed in the preseason will carry them to at least an NIT bid. The Old Spice was enough, we had no business playing two more road games in a row, then coming home facing a very good Gardner Webb team, which will probably smoke us at home.
        You missed the point. Illinois State is BETTER than us. Of course, they're gonna do better. What I was saying is why be fooled and go untested with a pud schedule and not know how good or bad we are and then get sent a lethal dose of reality in conference play that would send us into a 06-07esque tailspin.

This schedule is not the most difficult one out there. The road trip should help make home seem like a piece of cake, well hopefully.

Uh, this isn't the Gardner-Webb of last year who knocked off UK. They're 2-5 and not very good. I will be flying to the Grand Canyon and jumping without the bungee if we don't win this game on Friday.

Again, your argument is flawed. Blame the lack of offense and the youth and inexperience for what we have so far - not the freaking scheduling.
        Although Fever is dead on here, it is a moot point anyway. As long as Gregg is our coach, expect our OOC scheduling to get more and more difficult. The best way to IMPROVE is to play the toughest competition you can find, at least in Coach Marshall's eyes.

It is one (of many) things that I believe Gregg has right.
        Agreed. The Tim Jankovich, Jim Boeheim, Jamie Dixon type of scheduling just won't cut it here. I like seeing what it takes to be a big boy.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Great move ShockerFever. You almost got booted off the FSF Christmas Card list. :D
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• [quote="ShockerFever"]
            Originally posted by forevershockerfan
            You don't get it. I can't argue with somebody who doesn't even know what he's arguing about.

You win.
            Wow, SF, I'm a bit surprised you'd admit to what most of us already know - that you're a loser.

Excuse me while I check to make sure my tackle box is fully stocked.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• One thing to remember HCGM's philosophy is to prepare the team for the conference tourney. We are all disappointed and upset, I hope we can get over this hump.

Come on Shocks!!!!
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh

You win.
                Wow, SF, I'm a bit surprised you'd admit to what most of us already know - that you're a loser.

Excuse me while I check to make sure my tackle box is fully stocked.
                Now I know why Cold and a few others have given you attitude the way they have. You're just a grumpy old fart that throws darts for a living. Take some geritol and try to stop taking your discomfort out on the rest of us.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Coach Adams seems to be taking the other approach. It will be interesting to see how that pans out.
                  Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock
                    I fear I am seeing recent history repeat itself... Team A, or Team B, which team are you?
                    I understand there is a Team C, which is getting organized.

Their only goal is to bring back Coach Turgeon, after sacking Coach Marshall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny Crane
                      Coach Adams seems to be taking the other approach. It will be interesting to see how that pans out.
                      I believe this years schedule was pretty much finished before she ever showed up.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                        Originally posted by DUShock
                        I fear I am seeing recent history repeat itself... Team A, or Team B, which team are you?
                        I understand there is a Team C, which is getting organized.

Their only goal is to bring back Coach Turgeon, after sacking Coach Marshall.
                        LOL!

Would that be the pink team Ricky?

T

...8)

Comment

• I'm starting to wonder if I'm cursing the Shocks. I bought a new radio a while back and they have yet to win when I've used it (basketball or volleyball). When I listen at work they always win! Funny how stuff like that happens.

:shock:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah
                            I'm starting to wonder if I'm cursing the Shocks. I bought a new radio a while back and they have yet to win when I've used it (basketball or volleyball). When I listen at work they always win! Funny how stuff like that happens.

:shock:
                            Better return the radio and get back to work. :-x

Comment

Working...
                            X