No announcement yet.

Our offense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something that I have observed of late is WSU seems to allow of field goalsand commit the foul. It could be my imagination but it sure seems like the opponents don't allow nearly as much.

Otherwise, I have been very pleased with the team's performance this year.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiah
      Something that I have observed of late is WSU seems to allow of field goalsand commit the foul. It could be my imagination but it sure seems like the opponents don't allow nearly as much.

Otherwise, I have been very pleased with the team's performance this year.

:goshocks:
      I've noticed that, too. I think part of it is that our post players don't "take it to them", but rather focus on getting a "clean" look. I'm hoping that next year and beyond, when Garrett is stronger, he'll do more of that and get some "and 1s".

Comment

Tough to get an "and 1" when you miss the shot...........

Comment

We simply haven't attacked the basket enough to get the and ones while our opponents have.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think Maggie hit the nail on the head. This is a young team. Most high school player's defensive game is behind their offensive game. I haven't had the chance to watch any practises, but I wouldn't be suprised if GM hasn't focussed more on defense than offense up to this point. I would expect some more focuss on offense now. I would expect to see some improvement if offense in next couple of weeks. For as young as this team is, I think GM has done an incredible job. There's still a lot of ups and downs ahead for this team, but I'm very encouraged so far.

Comment

Originally posted by GarH
              I would expect to see some improvement if offense in next couple of weeks.
              I would hope that our offense improves in the next couple of weeks, since our upcoming opponents are much weaker. If we don't see improvement by then, we are in trouble.

Comment

Call me MR. Brightside.

Hannah is obviously our "go to" guy, something we haven't had for the last year, if not the last two.

AJ started showing signs of being the player we thought he was. Maybe the rust is shaken off?

We've a stretch of some lesser opponents coming up where all the players can start to gel and put into place some of the things they've learned over the last week and a half. Stutz might have learned a post move and how to take advantage of the opposition. Getting your butt handed to you a time or two has that effect on someone with the work ethic that Stutz purportedly has.

Something tells me we're really going to see the beneficial side of scheduling a tough non-con stretch early in the season.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I expect our offense to get better in the next two weeks, too. Mainly because we only play three games in 17 days. Lots of practice time!

Comment

Working...
                  X