No announcement yet.

WSU vs. TTU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valley now 0-2 against Big 12 tonight!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
      Tim Pickett.

Anyone now think Michigan State was slightly overrated?

UNC handing it to them.. absolutely HANDING it to them 93-58 in Detroit..

With still 3:43 left..
      Yeah slightly overrated...I'll admit. But UNC will make ALOT of teams look overrated this year. But I didn't think Michigan St would get clobbered by that much.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11
        Originally posted by fuball7
        ok who put the curse on wsu that every last second clutch shot has to go in against us? Ben Jacobson?
        I say we blame the guy from Florida State (can't think of his name) that hit the 3 pointer late in the NIT game.
        Wasn't that game amazing? I remember Pickett and Howard just going blow by blow late in that game. They must have talked for a couple of minutes at half court after that one was over. Maybe the best game Jamar ever had at WSU IMO he burried a 3 from the corner late that was just out of this world. Still wish we would have fouled them late. But yes that must be the curse shot.

Comment

• WSU was 5-21 inside the arc in the first half. It is just too much to overcome. We will quit laying these eggs and start winning these games.

Comment

• veni, vidi, vici

Comment

• aww yes i forgot. they year after was the the jacobson shot wasnt it(at least the first one)?

Comment

• It is easy to out rebound a team when you poorly as the shox do :(

Comment

• There's no question that the Shocks brought updahg in the 2nd half.

Comment

• Originally posted by notquiteBWing
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiNyOo05Eqw
                    I'm glad that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T4aUW7DH-Q shows up almost every time as a related link for WSU Basketball videos.

Still gives me the chills.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood
                      Originally posted by notquiteBWing
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiNyOo05Eqw
                      I'm glad that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T4aUW7DH-Q shows up almost every time as a related link for WSU Basketball videos.

Still gives me the chills.
                      Yeah that one is great! But http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vMqt...eature=related has to be my favorite.. maybe.

Comment

• yea but the vandy one is right there in the column next to it and that might be my least favorite one.... i cant ever remember being so hi one moment and so low the next!

Comment

• Originally posted by SekShocker
                          I am super pissed right now, down here in SEK we are stuck with the freaking KU v NMSU game and not the Shox. Last year the Shox where always on Kansas Now 22 and it started with the Shox intro but the game went to KU, this really pisses me off. Cox is going to get an earful from me tomorrow.
                          Just got home and thought I had taped the game, but it came up KU v NMSU. Already sent my ***** email to Cox, but doubt it will do any good.

Comment

• Originally posted by sekshoxfan
                            Originally posted by SekShocker
                            I am super pissed right now, down here in SEK we are stuck with the freaking KU v NMSU game and not the Shox. Last year the Shox where always on Kansas Now 22 and it started with the Shox intro but the game went to KU, this really pisses me off. Cox is going to get an earful from me tomorrow.
                            Just got home and thought I had taped the game, but it came up KU v NMSU. Already sent my ***** email to Cox, but doubt it will do any good.
                            Fack Cox and go satellite. That's your best way of showing 'em something..
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Learning

Originally posted by ShockerPrez
                              I'm glad we didn't lose by 17, but this hurts in a much harsher way.
                              Exactly right, Prez, and that's just what makes it a great learning opportunity: it's much easier to see, when you lose on a late prayer, all the things that you could have done -- some little, some bigger -- to make the game come out differently. Marshall made the same point when he spent most of his post game show talking about any number of Shocker mistakes that ended up looming large when it turned out to be a one possession game.

He also wasn't shy about naming names, which I think is great. He demands accountability from his guys, and that's how you build success. I can think of a certain recent former coach who probably would have spent most of his post game show after a loss like this talking about how proud he was of his team's comeback.

Not Marshall, though. Yes, it was indeed a marvelous comeback (especially without Hatch around to shoot threes) in an arena that has seen some mighty big wins by Texas Tech, and the guys do deserve kudos for not mailing in the second half. So he touched quickly on that but then basically started coaching, giving the fans a preview of what he said would be a tough video session for the team tomorrow -- a learning session on how to do those little things right that prevent you from getting buried in the first place.

As Andy Katz said, Marshall has his team's attention, and a game like this ensures that he'll keep it. And I believe it will be another building block for major improvement this year as the season progresses, which was not exactly a hallmark of his predecessor's teams.

Comment

• I had an event for work this evening and thanks to my dear mother was able to slip out and listen to M.K. For thw last two or so minutes over the phone via the radio. Thanks Mum :good: I would greatly appreciate word on how the player of the game and HCGM sounded. I hope dobbers are not too down.
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X