A little E.O. info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little E.O. info

I asked some TRCC fans if they had any updates on Ehimen's development and got the following response:

I've got a couple of classes with EO and have befriended him somewhat. EO is a great kid, very respectful and very astute. He says his rebounding is coming around good, but he is very very raw offensively. Coach Brian, Gene, and Durden will have EO whipped into a very good big man by the time his 2 years of eligibility are up. P.S. Shocker: EO really likes your program up there, and is very excited about having the opportunity to play there in the future. Today we talked about how he could have snagged some boards against Michigan State this past weekend.

I watched EO practice at a pickup game, and he is not that raw offensively.
    How much does it take to put up a layup when you are already under the basket?

He is not a polished offensive player, but he works on it, as he was working on baby hooks with the right and left hand when I watched him. He is more defensively oriented than Stutz is though, and would block more shots, and probably rebound better.

In fact, the picture of EO practicing that was posted in a thread on here has me in the background watching ... LOL

Comment

I assume he is definitely redshirting this season?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

I assume his recruitment has technically opened up. Sp I was most pleased to hear how he is still excited about playing here and still appears unwaivered in his commitment.

Comment

And if we could only get his freaking test scores here so he could play next year. Then Durley could move to his natural position and give the option for Hamilton to potentially redshirt.

Ah, I've got to stop dreaming.

Comment

When, if and ever EO shows up on campus (and I firmly believe he will), I want to be in attendance when he checks into his first game. The ovation could be legendary and fitting for one of the most celebrated and highly anticipated recruits in Shocker history. Whether or not he lives up to the hype is immaterial; just getting him in a Shocker uniform will be an accomplishment of major proportions.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I really think this is one huge thing we are missing this year. With how well we competed against the teams this weekend, if we would have a shot blocker or someone to make teams adjust their shots, it would make a world of difference.

Comment

What we REALLY need is a flat out scorer in the SG, SF, or PF position! AJ, Toure, and JT all have the potential to become so, but have thus far lacked consistency. Clevin seems to be able to make things happen when the offense stagnates, but he is too small to be THE MAN. He works much better as the uppercut you aren't expecting following a barage of short jabs IMO.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

That guy was supposed to be Hawkins. Maybe he eventually wlll be, but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      And if we could only get his freaking test scores here so he could play next year. Then Durley could move to his natural position and give the option for Hamilton to potentially redshirt.

Ah, I've got to stop dreaming.
                      I thought that since EO was enrolled at WSU this past summer (enrolled = took summer school classes) that he was in effect a 'returning student' and wouldn't have to have the JUCO degree to become a student. (Thought this was discussed in a thread long ago). So if that's true, he could return next year.

Forgive me if I'm rehashing long since disproved notions of next year's lineup....
                      I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

He's just like every other student who hasn't qualified academically. He now needs a two-year degree - unless those test scores magically arrive.

Comment

Fuball brought up something I had thought about when I was at the OSC. When GS was in the game it seemed like when guards or forwards drove to the basket they shot normally and not as if a 7' presence was in front of them. Don't get me wrong, GS probably kept the ball from going inside more than it did but he does not put a lot of air between his sneaks and the floor. Not many altered shots. Of course I always played under the premise that if you leave your feet your going to get hurt. So I can't raeally throw stones. Go Shox!

Comment

I think GS looks hesitant in those situations. Probably due to being somewhat intimidated by the speed and skill at this level and not wanting to foul by leaving his feet. I expect this will improve as the season progresses. Confidence and experience.

Comment

Boy, I really think Garrett would benefit, check that would have benefited from working with EO this season.....even now, a half a year knocking heads with another 7 footer certainly makes one think that he would just get better and better.....

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Working...
                              X