Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man our offense sucks....when oh WHEN will we learn....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC Shox
    What's our three point PCT% We jack up a lot of these shots since we have no inside game.
    It's 31.9%. Our opponents are shooting 29.8%

As for having 'no inside game,' we outrebounded Georgetown 36-27, including 15 offensive boards. Yeah MSU dominated us inside, but you can't base your analysis on one game. For the year, our rebounding edge is 8 a game.

Comment

Originally posted by JaminShock
      What's our three point PCT% We jack up a lot of these shots since we have no inside game.

As for having 'no inside game,' we outrebounded Georgetown 36-27, including 15 offensive boards. Yeah MSU dominated us inside, but you can't base your analysis on one game. For the year, our rebounding edge is 8 a game.
      We don't score many points down low. Simple as that. You can throw out all the rebounding stats you want, however, until this team learns how to put the ball in the basket down low, all these second, third, fourth etc offensive rebounds mean nothing.

The Shox put up a three point shot 1 out of every 3 field goal attempts. There is a reason why.

Comment

Originally posted by JaminShock

We don't score many points down low. Simple as that. You can throw out all the rebounding stats you want, however, until this team learns how to put the ball in the basket down low, all these second, third, fourth etc offensive rebounds mean nothing.

The Shox put up a three point shot 1 out of every 3 field goal attempts. There is a reason why.
        Yes, there is a very logical reason for this... and we have beat this dead horse to a pulp.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We're averaging 14.4 ppg out of the post position not counting MSU. We got 16 points from that position against MSU. Durley - 9, Stutz - 7.

Including Stutz getting an inbounds pass at the opposite FT line, dribbling past half-court and then dribbling to the hoop left-handed for a 3-pt play.

We're starting to get too many posters here who think this should be like VT.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Re: Hold the phone

Originally posted by ShockerFever
            Originally posted by fuball7
            Originally posted by gamefan
            Hold the phone. Didn't Turgeon take our 2006 team into Michigan St. and lose by 30 points?? What I saw today was a young shocker team give #6 Michigan St. just about all they could handle. I mean yeah, we had some errors, but they sure as heck didn't handle us very well.
            i think it was more like 18 but yes they handled us and we went to the sweet 16 that year.
            So we're basing what we do against an overrated Michigan State team for how far we'll go in the post-season, or NCAA's?
            No just saying to not get too high or low with any win or loss. we lost by 18 that year and went to the sweet 16. we lost by 8 today? and i dont think any of us think were going to the sweet 16 this year. at least not realistically.

i agree michigan state is probably overrated right now especially without suton but they were really physical and we didnt have the athletes to match up with them. especially on the boards. but i think we have shown we can play with anyone and with a little more maturing maybe we can compete for the valley and pull of some upsets against ranked teams later in the year or in the coming years.

I really had wandered about this team and if marshal was really on the right track but this weekend i think shows that this team will work their tails off and marshall is a recruiting class or two away from getting us back to the top of the valley.

Comment

KC Shox
              Because that is pretty much the normal shot distribution in college basketball today, perhaps?

Just taking a quick look at a few known schools seasonal 3pt shot % (of total shots taken) per game -

Louisville.........37.6%
              Notre Dame.....34.6%
              WSU................32.2%
              North Carolina 27.8%
              Pittsburg.........27.3%

Comment

Working...
              X