Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man our offense sucks....when oh WHEN will we learn....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man our offense sucks....when oh WHEN will we learn....

how to play decent offense?

Florida A&M - 42.6%...12 turnovers (not great but not terrible)

UMKC - 46.2%...11 turnovers (see above)...problem this game WASN'T offense

Centenary - 53.1%...16 turnovers (little high, but manageable)

Siena - 50%...20 turnovers (definately too many on that one)
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

I noticed two key games missing..

And whoever said offense is based solely on FG%?..

Man, you got issues, dude.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

Nope I don't. I know there is more to it, but they don't show up on stat sheets. But those percentages definately show the offense didn't suck either.

The 2 key games...against good defensive teams. But someone threw out the UMKC game...our issue was defense that game. Just pointing that out. But again....no arguing with a child....
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

They are young. Its going to be an up and down season. We know this. I for one am extremely encouraged by our play this weekend. we competed with 3 teams that probably will be in the NCAA tourney. The future is very bright.

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7
          They are young. Its going to be an up and down season. We know this. I for one am extremely encouraged by our play this weekend. we competed with 3 teams that probably will be in the NCAA tourney. The future is very bright.
          I agree and I really wish we all had this attitude.. I'm pretty sure the Michigan State team we played today is BETTER than the one that dominated us three years ago. All three teams we played in this tournament will be in the NCAA Tournament and we even managed to beat one of them. We weren't blown out at all and put up a great fight in every game.

Then again, that's not good enough for some of us I suppose.

Comment

Hold the phone

Hold the phone. Didn't Turgeon take our 2006 team into Michigan St. and lose by 30 points?? What I saw today was a young shocker team give #6 Michigan St. just about all they could handle. I mean yeah, we had some errors, but they sure as heck didn't handle us very well.
            it's up in the air

Comment

Re: Hold the phone

Originally posted by gamefan
              Hold the phone. Didn't Turgeon take our 2006 team into Michigan St. and lose by 30 points?? What I saw today was a young shocker team give #6 Michigan St. just about all they could handle. I mean yeah, we had some errors, but they sure as heck didn't handle us very well.
              i think it was more like 18 but yes they handled us and we went to the sweet 16 that year.

Comment

It is what it is folks. We did ok. In all reality most fans and non fans thought we would blow it at this tourny.. Our future looks bright.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan

Nope I don't. I know there is more to it, but they don't show up on stat sheets. But those percentages definately show the offense didn't suck either.

The 2 key games...against good defensive teams. But someone threw out the UMKC game...our issue was defense that game. Just pointing that out. But again....no arguing with a child....
                  I thought you were 13?

I'm happy with the 'results' per se. I'm happy with the 'stat sheet' per se. But as for literally what I saw, I was not pleased enough to where we should start crowning our aces for a Valley title like you are.. Is the poor offense expected? YES. But to say we played well despite our relatively good-showing is what makes you have 'blinded-by-the-light' syndrome, which I've already said, is expected on this board.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Re: Hold the phone

Originally posted by fuball7
                    Originally posted by gamefan
                    i think it was more like 18 but yes they handled us and we went to the sweet 16 that year.
                    So we're basing what we do against an overrated Michigan State team for how far we'll go in the post-season, or NCAA's?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan

I thought you were 13?

I'm happy with the 'results' per se. I'm happy with the 'stat sheet' per se. But as for literally what I saw, I was not pleased enough to where we should start crowning our aces for a Valley title like you are.. Is the poor offense expected? YES. But to say we played well despite our relatively good-showing is what makes you have 'blinded-by-the-light' syndrome, which I've already said, is expected on this board.
                      You need to read...where have I said we will win the Valley. In fact, tonight alone I have said we are still probably a middle of the pack Valley team but not a 9th place team.

Comment

Mods,
                        It's way past time to send these two to the 'time out' corner. At this rate, SN will run out of bandwidth before midnight. 8)
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef
                          Mods,
                          It's way past time to send these two to the 'time out' corner. At this rate, SN will run out of bandwidth before midnight. 8)
                          Nah, I'm done. But just wanted to point out I never said that they should hand us the crown now...that's all.

Plus, I stopped posting for a good amount of time. Had to attend to more important things like helping my daughter put up christmas lights. That put me in a better mood. :D

Comment

Subscribed
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

What's our three point PCT% We jack up a lot of these shots since we have no inside game.

Comment

Working...
                              X