No announcement yet.

Valley Favorite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drake should still be in the middle of the pack. So, you are right, not a contender, but I was mentioning who the top 5 teams could very well be. I doubt Drake will be horrible as you say by Valley time. They do return Josh Young, and Jonathan Cox. If by horrible, you mean a cellar dweller or close to it, I doubt your opinion will turn out to be accurate.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
      Drake should still be in the middle of the pack. So, you are right, not a contender, but I was mentioning who the top 5 teams could very well be. I doubt Drake will be horrible as you say by Valley time. They do return Josh Young, and Jonathan Cox. If by horrible, you mean a cellar dweller or close to it, I doubt your opinion will turn out to be accurate.
      2 players doesn't make a team. Follow that up with a new coach who can't coach according to DU fans even, and I expect a bottom half finish with them when it's all said and done.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

SIU stands out to me right now. They played competitive with Duke and UCLA til the 10 minute mark in the second half of both games and they have some of the most experience in the valley.
        Shocker Forever!!

Comment

1.SIU 2. Illinois State 3. Creighton 4. WSU 5. Drake

If there were 2 teams that could really emerge and surprise some people from these 5, it could be Illinois State and WSU. We are not going to finish 9th, that's for sure.

Probably, only 1 or 2 Valley teams get in the Dance this Season. That is why The Shocks will hopefully peak come Valley Tournament time make some serious noise. However, even to make the NIT this Season would be a huge accomplishment. Pass me some more of that tasty black and gold koolaid

Comment

Okay, I am optomistic as everyone else about this team, especially after this weekend. BUT, remember last year? We had 20+ pt leads against LSU and UAB, went on to win both handily.....and then finished up 4-14 in the valley. IMO Valley Play is all about coaching and preperation. That said, I think WSU is an upper half team, contender? maybe, depends on all the unknowns (injuries for example, for all teams). Right now I am on the Saluki side of this one. They looked decent against some of the best teams......but so did we.
            -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

I agree with SF in that I think Drake falls back to near the bottom.

Comment

SIU has three quality losses and played close with WKU who just beat Louisville. Creighton and Illinois State haven't beat anybody good. We will see how good Drake is when they have to play @ New Mexico tonight. I think WSU can be up there if they play defence like they did this weekend. I think we play well this weekend but i hope we put it to good use and go beat Texas Tech, TCU, and GW. If we can do that then i think we can be up there in the Valley.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
                Shocker Forever!!

Comment

Has SIU beaten anyone of quality?

California, PA (Division II) and 1-4 UMASS, whose only win is against Arkansas-Monticello?

They've gotten blown out against 3 good teams. What does that say? Prairie View can do that.

I'm not sold on SIU yet. I'm not sold on anybody yet, cept maybe for Illinois State.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

ShockerFever---So tell us----where do you see the Shockers finishing in the Valley this year?

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                      ShockerFever---So tell us----where do you see the Shockers finishing in the Valley this year?
                      Seeing how we're still in November, it's pretty silly to make a serious prediction.

However, from what I've seen from WSU and everyone so far, my guess for right now would be a strong 7th place, maybe 6th if we develop an offensive scheme.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

ShockerFever---You may be right and that would still point to progress. However, from the beginning, I have predicted 4th. I could live with 5th or 6th, but really think we will come together and have a nice finish.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

California, PA (Division II) and 1-4 UMASS, whose only win is against Arkansas-Monticello?

They've gotten blown out against 3 good teams. What does that say? Prairie View can do that.

I'm not sold on SIU yet. I'm not sold on anybody yet, cept maybe for Illinois State.
                          Who has Illinois State beat for you to think so highly of them?
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22

Who has Illinois State beat for you to think so highly of them?
                            Wright State looked to be legitimate at the time on the road, but now, nobody.

However, the way they're dismantling teams like good teams do, I'd say they're in good position. It helps when everyone else in the Valley has been blowing gas.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I didn't realize that a 9 point loss on the road was a blow out.
                              Shocker Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerWheelSU

I didn't realize that a 9 point loss on the road was a blow out.
                                The game really wasn't that close. WKU built up a 16 point lead in the second half and stayed at it. Thanks to some late buckets by SIU, it was held into the single-digits. Maybe not a 'blowout', but it definitely wasn't close either.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X